Take a Tour of the UNT Digital Library
Join us on this tour, and get to know some of the features and capabilities of the Digital Library.
Since its creation, the UNT Digital Library has connected millions of users around the world with UNT’s collections, scholarship, and creative work.
Whether you're here for a casual look or you want to conduct in-depth research, we have you covered.
The UNT Digital Library
Choose one of the 7 links below to see an example.
In the Digital Library your initial search will automatically cover descriptive item records and the full text of printed items.
For more complicated queries, use our advanced, guided, or proximity search interfaces.
You can also:
- Limit your search to specific fields in the item records.
- Filter your results.
- Display your results as a list.
- Display your results as a grid.
- Change how your results are sorted.
Need more help with search?
Choose one of the 7 examples below to see a corresponding screenshot.
Besides searching, we provide a number of ways to browse our content. Here are the different ways for you to start exploring the Digital Library:
Explore pages are available from the drop-down menu at the top of any page on the site.
Learn the who, what, when, and where of items!
You can learn all about an item by viewing its descriptive record. All of our item records follow the same basic pattern: each begins with a contextual overview and then presents information in grouped categories, making it easy to find important details. We try to show and link to related items within the Digital Library.
- Who shows you the creator, the rights holder, and any other important people named in the item.
- What describes the original item and provides subjects and keywords.
- When provides dates related to the original item and its maintenance in the Digital Library.
- Where lists and maps locations related to the content.
Overview of Item
Read, View, Watch, Listen
Choose one of the 4 examples linked below to see a corresponding screenshot.
The 5 examples linked below have corresponding screenshots.
Our interface provides special features for some types of items.
- You can search inside text items that were originally typeset and printed. We will highlight your search terms so you can quickly pinpoint them on the pages.
- You can see all pages in an item at one time.
- You can download images in a variety of sizes.
- For certain items, you can download PDFs.
Cite, Re-use, Share
When you find that perfect item in the Digital Library that answers a question, connects a bit of information with another, or is simply cool, we try to make it easy for you to:
- Use our suggested citation.
- Embed images, video, and audio.
- Link items on social media.
Participate with us!
Now that you know the Digital Library a little better, we encourage you to think about giving back.
- Tell a friend about us.
- Provide more information about Digital Library items by submitting feedback.
- Share your own UNT collection by becoming a Digital Library Partner.
- If you’re a UNT community member, add your scholarly and creative work to our repository.
Get Started With the Digital Library
Congratulations! You have made it through our tour. Click below to start your own Digital Library adventure.Get Started!