Selecting and Viewing Items: List of Results
List of Results
After you submit a Search or select an Explore area, you will see a list of results. The UNT Digital Library provides a number of features that allow you to filter, view, and store your results:
Number of results indicator - shows the total number of results and indicates how many are displayed on the screen in the current display mode.
- Display mode icons - click an icon to change the way you view the list:
- List view (default) shows a list of item titles with thumbnail images and brief descriptions.
- Grid view shows only item titles and thumbnail images.
Brief view shows only item titles and descriptions.
- Sorting drop-down list - select the most useful way to sort your results list:
- by best match (most relevant) items first
- by title in alphabetical order
- by creator name (author, editor, etc.) in alphabetical order
- by date the original item was created - choose newest first or oldest first
by date the digital version of the item was added to the UNT Digital Library - choose newest first or oldest first
Print icon - click to print the portion of the results list shown on the current screen.
RSS icon - click to subscribe to an RSS feed of the latest UNT Digital Library content that matches your Search query or Explore parameters.
Basic Search box - enter additional terms to narrow your Search or Explore results. For more information, see the Search Overview guide.
Bookmarks - use your web browserâ€™s options to save a bookmark or favorites link to your search results list. You may find it useful to sort the list in your preferred order before bookmarking. For example, you may want to â€œSort by: Date Added (Oldest)â€ so that when you call up your bookmark later, any new items added to the UNT Digital Library since your original search will fall at the end of the list.