Notice: We just updated this site and our help content is now a bit out of date. New help material will be coming ASAP.
Selecting and Viewing Items: Photographs
- Select an item from your search results list by clicking either its title or thumbnail image.
- A medium-sized image is presented with a brief record.
- To view the photograph, click on the image or select â€œView this Photographâ€ from the green navigation bar.
- To view other items that are in the same series as the photograph you are viewing, select "Other items in this series" from the green navigation bar.
- To view the photograph in different sizes, click on the "More Sizes" command just above the photograph or select â€œAll Image Sizesâ€ from the menu on the right-hand side of the screen, and then choose the image size you wish to view (square, thumbnail, small, medium, large, extra large).
- To dim the screen around the photograph, click on the â€œLower Lightsâ€ command just above the photograph. To turn the â€œlightsâ€ back on, click anywhere in the dimmed area.
- To rotate the photograph, use the arrows just above it.
- To share the photograph, click on the "Share" link in the menu on the right-hand side of the page. When the Bookmark & Share list opens, you can select an appropriate forum such as Google Bookmarks, Facebook, or Twitter.
- If a photograph has information on the back or from a photo album page:
- You can choose a â€œpageâ€ (or sequence) by using the drop-down list located above the photograph.
- You can view the next or previous photograph â€œpage,â€ by using the right and left arrows located just above the photograph, or by simply clicking on the right- or left-hand side of the displayed photograph.
- You can view thumbnail images of all the photographâ€™s â€œpagesâ€ by clicking â€œAll Pagesâ€ on the right-hand side of the screen. When the thumbnails appear, click on the one you want to see. The page will open in the â€œView this Photographâ€ view.