Interacting with Items: Listening to Audio
You can listen to music, speeches, interviews, and other audio content within our interface. Please note that due to licensing agreements, some audio is available only to members of the UNT community.
Start by selecting an item from your results list by clicking either its title or the sound icon. When the descriptive item record opens, move to the listening pane by clicking the red "Listen Online" bar or choosing "Listen Now" from the left sidebar.
Within the listening pane, you can:
1. Start or stop the player.
2. Go back 10 seconds.
3. Control the volume.
4. View time elapsed/time remaining.
5. Adjust the playback speed.
Outside the listening pane, we offer additional features to help you work with the item:
6. Use "List All Tracks" to select an individual track. (Some titles have only one track.)
7. Use "Request Captioning" to request a transcript of the audio content.
8. Use "Print & Share" to print the current screen or send it to your favorite social media platform.
9. Use "Citations, Rights, Re-Use" to find a citation for the entire item along with information about permissions, linking, etc.
If an audio recording has already been captioned, the transcript will appear directly below the player in the listening pane.
You can use the search box at the top of the transcript to locate and highlight specific text within the transcript.
Clicking an active time stamp in the transcript allows you to jump to and play the corresponding section of audio in the player.