UNT Libraries Government Documents Department - 12 Matching Results
This system will be undergoing maintenance January 24th 9:00-11:00AM CST.
- Mining and Treatment of Feldspar and Kaolin in the Southern Appalachian Region
- From Introduction: "The investigation here reported has to do only with the dikes of the southern Appalachian region, in which abundance of each mineral is as in the order given above."
- Mining and Concentration of Carnotite Ores
- From Preface: "Hence the authors have given detailed information in regard to many operations that might have given detailed information in regard to many operations that might receive little notice in an account of the mining of most metals, but the presentation of these facts in regard to carnotite is necessary because of their bearing on profitable mining and concentration, the utilization of low-grade ore, and the preservation of waste."
- The Technology of Marble Quarrying
- From Preface: "The aim of this bulletin is to present to the marble workers of the United States a concise statement of the most efficient and economical methods now in use for producing and preparing marble. The observations outlined refer chiefly to the methods employed in the quarrying of marble and the conditions that affect successful operation; the structure of marble and its relation to quarry processes; waste through rock imperfections and inefficient quarry methods; and means of eliminating such waste or utilizing it if elimination is impossible."
- Molybdenum; Its Ores and their Concentration with a Discussion of Markets, Prices, and Uses
- From Scope and Purpose of Investigation: "The direct purpose of the bulletin is, on the one hand, to prove to possible consumers of molybdenum that the element is not as rare as commonly supposed, and that this country possesses many deposits of low-grade ore from which large supplies may be derived, and on the other hand, to prove to present and prospective producers of molybdenum that there is a latent market for their product in the alloy-steel trade, which needs only the assurance of steady supplies for a considerable development."
- Refining and Utilization of Georgia Kaolins
- From Introduction: "The investigation described in this report was carried on to determine the practicability of applying technical control of clay disperse systems to the refining of kaolins and the utilization of the prepared clay in the manufacture of vitreous china and wall tile."
- Sandstone Quarrying in the United States
- From Preface: "It is the aim of this bulletin to point out in a general way the location of workable sandstone deposits in the United States, and to outline the most efficient and economical methods of quarrying and preparing the rock for structural and other purposes."
- The Feldspars of the New England and North Appalachian States
- From Introduction: "The investigations presented in this bulletin have been undertaken by the bureau with a view to a better understanding of the conditions which confront the producer of commercial feldspar and also with the object of determining wherein the various deposits of feldspar differ."
- Investigations of Zirconium with Especial Reference to the Metal and Oxide: Historical Review and Bibliography
- From introduction: "As it necessary to begin with a historical review of the literature, such a review is given as Part I of this report, and a bibliography is included as Part IV. References to the numbered items in this bibliography are made throughout the text, the usual footnote reference being omitted. Analyses of the products and conclusions as their purity are given under the descriptions of methods of preparation. A table showing the properties amorphous metal, and another showing the properties of the coherent metal, will be found under appropriate headings in Part II."
- Melting Brass in a Rocking Electric Furnace
- From Object of Report: "The object of this paper is to set forth in detail the possibilities and limitations of a rocking electric brass furnace. The general problem of electric brass furnaces is discussed and various types of furnaces are compared only so far as is necessary for the purpose of this report."
- Rock Quarrying for Cement Manufacture
- Report issued by the Bureau of Mines over rock quarries in the United States. As stated in the introduction, "the bulk of the report deals with quarrying methods and equipment, and gives special attention to drilling and blasting; a chapter on rock mining and one on prospecting are included" (p. 1). This report includes tables, illustrations, and photographs.
- Gypsum Products: Their Preparation and Uses
- Technical report issued by the Bureau of Mines over the different uses of gypsum. The sources and uses of gypsum are presented and discussed. This report includes tables, photographs, and illustrations.
- Extraction and Recovery of Radium, Uranium and Vanadium from Carnotite
- Report issued by the Bureau of Mines discussing extraction and recovery of different ores from carnotite. Equipment and methods for extraction are presented. This report includes tables, illustrations, and photographs.