UNT Libraries Government Documents Department - 3 Matching Results
- Nitride Fuels for Fast Breeder Reactors: Fuel Cycle Considerations
- This report follows a study that was made to develop comparative fuel cycle costs for nitride and carbide fuels in a 1000 MWe sodium-cooled fast-breeder reactor.
- Quarterly Progress Report, Research and Development Activities Fixation of Radioactive Residues: April-June 1965
- Introduction: "This progress report is the twenty-sixth in a series presenting research and development activities in the field of radioactive wastes. Experimental work charged to programs other than those of the Division of Reactor Development is included for general interest and completeness; such work is identified in the headings."
- Dibutyl Carbitol Solvent Extraction of Polonium-210 from Nitric Acid Solutions of Irradiated Bismuth
- Abstract: "A continuous countercurrent solvent extraction process utilizing dibutyl carbitol as the extractant has been developed for separating 210Po from large amounts of associated bismuth. Both laboratory and pilot plant data demonstrate the process is a suitable headend step in recovery of kilogram quantities of 210Po. Typically, the extraction process recovers over 98% of the 210Po, essentially free from bismuth (Bi DF>1500), in a dilute HNO3 solution suitable as a starting material for final concentration and purification steps."