UNT Libraries Government Documents Department - 4 Matching Results
Willis Library will be without power on Tuesday, August 20, 2019 from 5:00-7:00 AM CDT. All websites and web services will be down during this period.
- The Roundheaded Apple-Tree Borer
- This report discusses the roundheaded apple-tree borer, an insect in the eastern and midwestern United States that, in its larval stage, destroys the bark and wood of apple trees. Several methods of control are discussed, including worming, paints and washes, and sprays.Apple-tree borers.
- Beekeeping in the Buckwheat Region
- "The production of the full honey crop from buckwheat requires a plan of apiary management quite different from that of most other beekeeping regions. A system of management is here given which will result in a full honey crop and at the same time control European foulbrood, which is so prevalent in the buckwheat region. Methods are also given which may be used in case the clovers are valuable as sources of nectar." -- p. 2
- Beekeeping in the Clover Region
- "Beekeeping methods suitable for the clover region are well developed but many beekeepers of this region are failing to obtain the full available honey crop because of deficiencies in their practice. A system of management is here given which will result in a full crop from these sources. The variation in the value of the clovers to the beekeeper is also discussed and the methods to be followed in bringing the clover region back to its former prominence in honey production are outlined." -- p. 2
- Alsike Clover
- Report discussing the distribution and cultivation of the leguminous crop alsike clover, which grows primarily in the northeastern United States. Topics discussed include soil requirements, seeding, uses, and insect enemies and diseases.