UNT Libraries Government Documents Department - 6 Matching Results
This system will be undergoing maintenance January 24th 9:00-11:00AM CST.
- Newsmap. For the Armed Forces. 233rd week of the war, 115th week of U.S. participation
- Front: Text describes action on various war fronts: Central Pacific, Southwest Pacific, Air war, Burma, USSR. Maps show air attacks from London to various sites in Germany; New Ireland; south Pacific; Truk Is. Includes photographs: "Island forts", Marine corps set up radio telephone sets at Roi Island, Leathernecks set up machine guns immediately upon landing, All-Negro Ninety-Ninth Fighter Squadron at Anzio, German prisoners disembark from an LST to a prison camp, wounded female Jugoslav guerillas arrive in Malta, General Sir Harold Alexander chats with Yank rangers near Cisterno. Back: Text states "In Mein Kampf, Hitler stated that his plan was to destroy France first, then England, after which he would have the United States cornered without a fight!."
- Newsmap. For the Armed Forces. 234th week of the war, 116th week of U.S. participation
- Front: Text describes action on various war fronts: Western Europe, USSR, Finland, Italy, Southwest Pacific, Central Pacific, Burma. Maps show Current battle lines along Russian border and Rumania, Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia and Finland ; Central Italy. Includes photographs: Dauga Airfield after 5th Air Force B-25 medium bombers leave Japanese planes destroyed. Japanese captured by U.S. Coast Guardsmen off Kwajalein. Lt. Eugune R. Hanks of Gibbs, Idaho in his Grumman Hellcat fighter. U.S. tank officer explains the target to Gen. Eishenhower while Air Marshall Tedder watches. Gliders built in England for the Allied Forces. U.S. combat cars await dispatch on a field in the English countryside. Field Marshall Rommel inspects Nazi fortifications. British soldiers near the Garigliano River. Three "Yanks" at the Anzio beachhead. Mortar crew of the 36th division below Cassino. American paratroopers capture Nazi snipers. Pvt. Robert Steinmetz of Pittsburgh with a mule he rescued from an Italian farm. Composite aerial view of Italian coast including Anzio and Nettuno. Back: Luftwaffe (German Air Force) uniforms. Text and illustrations of Flying Suits, Miscellaneous Uniforms, Parachutist Uniforms, Continental Uniforms.
- Newsmap. For the Armed Forces. 250th week of the war, 132nd week of U.S. participation
- Front: Text describes action on various war fronts: France ; Marianas ; Biak ; Japan ; Italy ; Eastern Front ; China ; Southeast Asia. Maps: [Eastern Hemisphere] ; Italy ; Liberated Area of France ; Karelian Isthmus ; [American Advance on Saipan]. Back: Map of the Far East, copyright, National Geographic Society, used by special permission. Scale [ca. 1:10,000,000]. "International Boundaries as of Sept. 1, 1939, the day Germany invaded Poland." Transverse Polyconic Projection.
- Newsmap. For the Armed Forces. 251st week of the war, 133rd week of U.S. participation
- Front: Text describes action on various war fronts: France, Eastern front, Italy, Air war, Southeast Asia, China, Saipan, Pacific, Southwest Pacific. Maps: Finland, North Burma, France, Eastern front. Back: Text and color illustrations explain the importance of teamwork, preparation, and support in combined or amphibious operations.
- Newsmap. For the Armed Forces. 252nd week of the war, 134th week of U.S. participation
- Front: Text describes action on various war fronts : France, Eastern front, Italy, Marianas, Southwest Pacific, Southeast Asia, China. Map insets: Bay of the Seine, southeastern Asia, central Italy, Poland-USSR border. Back: Map of the Po Valley, Italy.
- Newsmap. For the Armed Forces. 288th week of the war, 170th week of U.S. participation
- Front: Text describes action on various war fronts: Americans Cross Rhine; New Philippine Landings; Allies in Mandalay. Maps: Red Army menaces Oder line, Road to Mandalay, Mindanao P.I. Includes distance scale from Linz east to Berlin and from Zehden west to Berlin. Back: Map of the Pacific and the Far East. Inset maps: Ryukyu Retto, Okinawa, Saipan, Iwo-Jima, Paramushiru, Chisima Retto (Kurile Is.).