UNT Libraries Government Documents Department - 12 Matching Results
This system will be undergoing maintenance January 24th 9:00-11:00AM CST.
- Buy war savings bonds : beat the promise!
- In the sky, a giant hand wearing a work glove puts dollar bills into a giant savings bond bill which is shaped like a funnel. The base of the funnel points toward a group of military tanks on the ground. Four airplanes fly in formation over the tanks.
- Don't be a bottleneck : beat the promise.
- Color poster shows an illustration of a green wine bottle dressed in overalls, necktie, gloves, and shoes. He holds a wrench in his right hand. His face is depicted on the cork of the bottle. His white gloves have red stars on them.
- Help RCA, help USA : you and I : beat the promise.
- In the foreground are two clasped hands, one representing Uncle Sam with a blue and gold-starred jacket sleeve; in the background is a factory with smokestacks. A U.S. flag stripe design connects the two images.
- Ideas will help beat the promise : let's have yours!
- Stylized image of a man in overalls and cap, lifting the top off of a large concrete sculpture of a head to reveal the machinery which is its inner workings. The man scratches his head; around him are several captions of the word: "Idea?".
- Keep punching-- in the battle of production : beat your promise!
- Black & white cartoon depicts two boxers in the midst of fighting. The boxer on the left is a stereotypical caricature of a Japanese man. He holds a sword labeled "Remember Pearl Harbor". The boxer on the right represents "You & I", according to a sign behind him. He is Caucasian with dark curly hair. His gloves are labeled, "All-Out Production" and "No Waste" and he punches the Japanese fighter.
- Put the squeeze on the Japanese : beat your promise.
- A caucasian man representing American workers squeezes a large clamp around a caricature of Hideki Tojo. The worker wears a sleeveless undershirt labeled "Increased Production". His watch says "RCA". A caption behind his hat says "You and I". Tojo appears to be shouting, as illustrated by several (presumably) Japanese characters. He is reaching toward a bloody sword labeled: "Remember Pearl Harbor!" In the background are battleships, firing tanks, flying airplanes, and lightning bolts.
- Stamp 'em out! : beat your promise.
- Color poster shows a boot about to stomp on two snakes and a frog with caricatured faces. The pant leg is labeled "You and I". The snakes represent Adolf Hitler and Japan; the frog represents Benito Mussolini.
- United we stand, divided we fall : beat the promise.
- Bird's eye view of two factories; the two images are divided by the stripes of the U.S. flag. On the left, with blue background, a train drives away from a working factory with vehicles parked outside the buildings. On the right, with red background, a factory burns. A wrecked train and fallen person lie near the burning buildings.
- "We did it then, we will do it again" : beat the promise.
- This poster depicts an army of workers marching from "1919" to "1941" alluding to America's military intervention in the First World War and tracing that heritage to the Second World War. In the center is an image of a 1919 letter from Franklin D. Roosevelt, then Acting Secretary of the Navy, to Eldridge R. Johnson, President of Victor Talking Machine Company.
- We pledged it, we'll beat it!
- A large, white capital letter "B" on a dark blue background. Superimposed diagonally over the B is a morse code symbol in red.
- You and I put the squeeze on the Japanese! : beat the promise.
- Graphic color image against a red background. Two miniature workers labeled "You" and "I" squeeze a caricatured Japanese officer in a large mechanical press.
- Your production : beat your promise.
- Illustration of a giant boot about to crush caricatures of Benito Mussolini, Adolf Hitler, and a caricatured Japanese soldier (probably representing Hideki Tojo).