UNT Libraries Government Documents Department - 6 Matching Results

Search Results

Fluorspar Deposits Near Meyers Cove, Lemhi County, Idaho

Description: Abstract: The fluorspar deposits near Meyers Cove, Lemhi County, Idaho, are localized along three groups of shear zones: one group strikes northeast and dips steeply northwestward, another strikes northeast and dips gently northwestward, and the third strikes northwest and dips gently southwestward. The country rocks are tuffs and flows of the Casto volcanics of Permian(?) age and the Challis volcanics of late Oligocene or early Miocene age. The known deposits are in a belt about 3 miles long and 2 miles wide and crop out at altitudes between 5,100 feet and 7,200 feet above sea level. The principal vein minerals are fluorite, chalcedony, and barite. The fluorite occurs as lodes, crusts around fragments of rock, and replacements of fine breccia. The lodes range in size from veinlets to vein zones several hundred feet long and as much as 20 feet wide and contain ore that ranges in grade from 40 percent to 85 percent CaF2; the average grade is about 50 percent CaF2.
Date: 1954
Creator: Cox, D. C.

The Garm-Lamoreaux Mine, Lemhi County, Idaho

Description: From abstract: The Garm-Lamoreaux property, Lemhi County, Idaho is known to have uraninite and zippeite on two of its dumps. The property has been explored by five adits, two of which are now caved, and one of which is partly caved. The country rock is schistose micaceous quartzite and argillaceous quartzite of Belt age. An east-west fault cuts the quartzite, and the Lamoreaux vein, a gold-sulfide-quartz veins occurs in the fault. The uranium minerals are believed to have core from the vein, on the now inaccessible No. 3 level.
Date: January 1954
Creator: Armstrong, Frank C. & Weis, Paul L.

Preliminary Report on the Mineral Hill Monazite Deposits, Lemhi County, Idaho

Description: From abstract: The Mineral Hill monazite deposits, 3 to 5 miles northeast of the town of Shoup, Lemhi County, Idaho, were investigated by the U. S. Geological Survey in July 1952. The deposits are replacement veins and lenses along shears in a pendant, principally of pre-Cambrian biotite gniess, about 4 to 5 miles in size and enclosed by granite of the Idaho batholith. The veins consist predominantly of calcite, monazite, and allanite, and contain minor quantities of barite, magnetite, rutile, and apatite.
Date: April 1953
Creator: Sharp, W. N. & Cavender, W. S.