UNT Libraries Government Documents Department - 7 Matching Results
- Improving poultry through the National Poultry Improvement Plan.
- Describes a national plan to improve poultry standards and production in the United States.
- New landmarks of soil conservation.
- Discusses various methods for protecting and conserving soil.
- Peacetime adjustments in farming : possibilities under prosperity conditions.
- Describes ways in which farmers can adjust their farming practices after the conclusion of World War II. Discusses commodity adjustments for various crops and livestock types.
- Techniques of fishpond management.
- A guide to stocking and managing a farm fish pond, for use as a source of food during wartime.
- Using crop residues for soil defense.
- Describes how leaving crop residue in a field can help prevent soil erosion due to rainfall; and describes the equipment that can be used in this practice.
- What peace can mean to American farmers : expansion of foreign trade.
- Describes the changes the agricultural market faces post-World War II, and how the growth of foreign trade will affect farmers.
- Work of the United States Forest Service.
- Discusses forest depletion and provides a history of forest conservation efforts by the United States government. Describes the work of the the Civilian Conservation Corps and other emergency projects, and discusses forest and range research.