UNT College of Visual Arts + Design - 13 Matching Results
This system will be undergoing maintenance January 24th 9:00-11:00AM CST.
- Cloche hat of tan milan straw. The high crown is slightly dished, and narrows to brim, with wide band of tan/very pale green grosgrain ribbon at base with large "bow" at side. The straw brim is down-turned. The crown has an inner brown grosgrain ribbon hatband. Designer's label sewn to inner hatband: "Roger Heim / Made in France Paris", and retailer's ribbon sewn just above designer's label: "Made in France for / Neiman-Marcus".
- Cocktail Dress
- Cocktail dress of beige wool crepe with faux black Astrakhan. The below-knee-length dress has a slight cowl neckline and bloused effect on the bodice and short sleeves. The full skirt is cartridge pleated into a wide band of black wool faux Astrakhan at slightly dropped waist. Dress has center back zipper on lining, connecting to outside of dress at waistline; blouse portion closes at center back with 8 covered snaps and 3 hook-and-eyes on neckline. Lined in cream organdy. Designer's label at center back seam: "Christian Dior - New York, Inc." Retailer's label to left of designer's label: "Neiman-Marcus" Union label on side of seam opposite retailer's label.
- Day Dress
- Day dress of blue silk shantung with black flecks and black linen embellishment. A) Dress - Street length, with high rounded neckline, and 3/4 or longer sleeves. Neckline with three concentric bands/borders, each with a button making them look as if they should unbutton. Outer and inner bands of the blue/black shantung, inner band of black linen. Buttons of each band are same fabric as that band. A-lline skirt with "pleated placket" at front. Narrow blue/black thread belt loops at sides. Center back zipper, with hook and thread loop at top of collar. Unlined. Combined designer/retailer label in lower part of skirt: "Irene / Exclusively for / Neiman-Marcus" B) Belt. Narrow leather curving belt faced with the blue/black silk shantung, with large rectangular covered buckle. Stamped on reverse: "10 9524"
- Day Dress
- (A) Day dress of heavy black silk crepe. Mid-calf length. Rounded neckline, the upper bodice formed as a wide circular panel that becomes shoulders. "Waistline" of skirt starts across at armpits, and hangs down with 4 gore full bias skirt. Center back opening with three 1" circular self-covered buttons and bound buttonholes. Unlined Combined Designer's / Retailer's label at inside seam of skirt near hem: "Neiman-Marcus dallas / Traina-Norell" (B) Tie belt of self attached to dress. 1-1/2" wide with pointed ends
- Day Dress
- Day dress of white linen in sheath-style. Sleeveless with wide, rounded neckline. Closure at back neckline with two "caviar buttons," large domed buttons covered in small round white beads and bound buttonholes. Belt of self fabric is attached to dress and also trimmed with two "caviar buttons" and bound buttonholes. Lined in cream colored silk. Combined retailer and designer label at side seam hem:"Neiman-Marcus Dallas / Traina-Norell".
- Ensemble - Dress and Coat
- Ensemble. A) Brown sheath dress of lace with floral motif, heavily hand beaded with tiny brown beads. Mid-length, scooped neckline, deeper in back. Sleeveless, with narrow straps. Slightly shaped hem. Inner brown satin lining sheath. Design house's label inside: "Mingolini Gugenheim / Piazza di Spagna 9-91- Roma" B) Brown sheer organza coat, mid-length, shawl collar, center front opening fastened by belt. mid-length sleeves. Leather belt built into waistline, covered with organza, the hook buckles covered in brown beading as dress.
- Head ring of royal blue satin with braided effect. Blue veil meets at top of open crown and falls over entire hat with chenille dots decorating front of veil. No labels. Two combs at sides for securing hat to wearer's head.
- Hat of black felt. Styled similar to a fedora, the medium-height crown is rounded at top, and encircled at base by a wide black grosgrain ribbon, folded over at sides, and with multilayer bow at back. Medium-width brim is somewhat floppy, generally sloping downwards. The hat is unlined, with inner black grosgrain ribbon hatband. Retailer's label inside: "Saks-Fifth Avenue" Stamped in gold on inner hatband: "Made for / Saks-Fifth Avenue / New York"
- Picture Hat
- Picture hat of finely woven black straw. The low, domed crown is encircled at base by a 1" black velvet hatband. The wide, circular brim of the same straw is edged in a narrow band of black velvet and has a slightly wavy rim. The brim is overlaid by black tulle; at the front is a cluster of artificial flowers of pinks and peach silk organza and velvet, and sprigs of smaller flowers. The hat is unlined, with an inner black grosgrain ribbon hatband. Designer's label inside: "Model / Mr. Iaan / Vancouver, B.C.", with a tiny artificial violet blossom attached to top of label.
- Pillbox Hat
- Hat of black straw. Styled as a pillbox, the low crown is cylindrical with a flattened top. The crown sits within a second "layer" of crown, which curves under and forms an inner ring which sits on the head, leaving the outer edge of the crown somewhat cantilevered. At the front of the hat, between the outer and inner edges of the crown, is a bow of the same black straw. The hat is lined in black fabric, with an inner hatband of black grosgrain ribbon at inside base of inner crown. A small white bow is affixed to the inner hatband to indicate the front of the hat. Designer's label sewn inside crown: "Lilly / Daché / Paris New York / Young Modes"
- Pillbox Hat
- Pillbox hat of royal blue velvet. The low, cylindrical crown has a flattened top with a self-covered domed button at top center, and one large horizontal "tuck" around the side forming two sections. The whole is overlaid with a navy blue net veil. Lined in black, with a black grosgrain ribbon inner hatband. Maker's label inside: "Arlington / Hats / Dallas"
- Pillbox Hat
- Pillbox hat of off-white straw and dark taupe twill trim. The short, cylindrical crown is woven of wide off-white straw, edged with a wide band of twill ribbon of dark taupe. Inside crown is inner hatband of brown grosgrain ribbon. Attached to the inner band are two small plastic combs to secure hat to wearer's head. No labels in item. Accompanied by a short hatpin with brown wood(?) head.
- Pumps of deep brown alligator leather. The shoes are designed with pointed toes, rounded at tips. The high, modified French heels taper from top to bottom, flaring slightly at base. Designer's stamp in both shoes: "Design par / Evins ... à Paris" Handwritten maker's notation in each: "FR 131A / 7AA" Handwritten notation: "#41821"