This system will be undergoing maintenance Friday, March 31 from 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM CDT.
UNT College of Visual Arts + Design - Browse
- Evening Dress
- Evening dress of silver and gold lamé and lace. Full length. Off-the-shoulder, strapless bodice of silver and gold lace in a floral pattern with elbow length fitted sleeves. Fitted bodice is constructed in layers of white net, black net, and silver lace with gold cord applique. Sarong style tubular skirt of gold and silver crinkle lamé. Center back zipper with hook & eye. Black chiffon lining in skirt; bodice is boned and lined in gray synthetic. Designer's label at center back: "Victor Costa / Sample / Style 2174 / Date Fall I '92 / Operator"
- Wedding Dress
- Wedding dress of hot pink net with shirred all-over appliques and rhinestones. Dress is a short sheath style with V-neck and long sleeves with full length train in back with pink satin bustle with pink silk flowers. Has a matching headpiece with hot pink net veil, not photographed.
- Evening Gown
- Evening dress of black velvet and fuchsia satin. The dress has an empire-length bodice of black velvet, with a scoop neckline and long fitted sleeves which have hidden zipper closures. The Empire waistline is accented with a horizontal band of fuchsia satin with bow at center front. Extending down from the waistband is the full fuchsia satin skirt. The full-length skirt has vertical inverted pleats edged with bands of black velvet that extend from the waistband to just below the hips. At center back is a zipper closure. The bodice is lined in black silk, and has a black grosgrain ribbon inner waistband which secures with hook-and-eyes. The skirt has an inner slip lining of fuchsia fabric with a wide fuchsia satin hem matching the skirt. Designer label stitched into garment at right center-back, beside the zipper "Oscar de la Renta" with second label "Made in U.S.A." sewn below. Hand written on the designer label is notation "5638 F-92".
- Dress and belt. The dress has an empire-length bodice of white organdy with short sleeves, deep V-neckline in front and shallow boat neckline in back and is densely beaded with large and small white beads. From the lower edge of the beaded bodice a band of blue silk satin with a printed pattern of different sizes of white polka dots extends down to dropped waist length, covering the midriff. The full skirt, of the same polka dot material, is above-the-knee length, and has box pleats which start from the dropped waist level. The dress has a zipper closure along the left side seam of the midriff section, and the closure continues up along the lower part of the empire bust line seam to the base of the V-neckline with a series of alternating covered snaps and hook-and-eyes. The bodice section is lined with white organdy, the midriff section with blue silk, and the skirt is unlined. Designer's label is sewn inside bodice near right armhole: "Givenchy" "Made in France", with a second label sewn underneath with handwritten notation "80932". The dress has an accompanying belt covered with matching blue fabric with printed polka dots and backed with black leather. The buckle is also covered with blue polka dot fabric. The belt has no labels or marks. Not shown in photo are matching high-heeled pumps by Rene Mancini, Pairs, and matching envelope clutch handbag also by Mancini. From Givenchy's Spring 1992 Collection.
- Evening Dress
- Evening dress of gold and multicolored printed hounds tooth patern satin. The full-length gown is designed with a wide "bateau" neckline with almost off-the-shoulder short puffed sleeves, a long waist into which is gathered the full skirt. The gown has an all-over pattern of horizontal bands of hounds tooth in various colors and gold: purple, orange, green and yellow.
- Evening Dress
- Evening dress of royal blue with gold and silver jacquard celestial sun and star motif. Slim, wrap style, with asymmetric left side opening and closure of six large snaps and two hook & eyes. Long sleeves with zipper closure at hem. Floor length. Lined in blue silk. With belt of black leather covered in same blue/gold jacquard, which also covers the oval buckle. Designer's label at center back neckline: "Scaasi / Boutique" Labels at left side seam: Size: "6" Care: "Dry Clean / Only" ILGWU label: "613889" Style number(?) pinned to inside right center front of dress: "1078" Stamped on back: "Scaasi 9118"; and with masking tape labeled "1078"