UNT College of Visual Arts + Design - 6 Matching Results
Note: All results matching your query require you to be a member of the UNT Community (you must be on campus or login with university credentials for access).
- Evening Gown
- Evening gown of black crepe with maroon sequin trim. Full-length. Bodice of thin net covered with swirling pattern of magenta purple sequins. Rounded neckline. Short sleeves with shoulder pads. Empire waist has set-in waistband with added butterfly-shaped panel below set-in panel on front. Flared skirt, bias-cut. Left side opening (closure missing); bodice has center front opening with 5 snaps and hook & eye at neckline. Unlined. Designer's label at inside waist: "Balenciaga / 10 Avenue George V Paris" "Made in Paris" label sewn below designer's label.
- Hat of black felt with slightly tilted crown. Asymmetrical brim folds up and is wider in the front and narrows to the back. Hatband of wide, black grosgrain ribbon forms tabs in back. Lion emblem of golden wire thread on wide band of black grosgrain ribbon across brim on left side. Unlined with inner headband of black grosgrain ribbon. Elastic band for securing hat to wearer's head.
- Beret of navy felt with 2 burnt orange grosgrain ribbon trims on back and one in front attached to brim. Elastic band for securing hat to wearers head. Designer's label on inside hatband: "Agnes / 83 Faubourg St Honore 83 / Angle Avenue Matignon" Label attached to designer's label: "Made in France" Model number tag attached to back of designer's label: "24806"
- Sailor hat with small shallow crown and wired frame covered in red and blue wool plaid. Blue grosgrain ribbon trims crown. Designer's label: "Madame Suzy / 5, Rue de la Paix / Paris" Label above designer's label: "Made in France" Model tag on reverse of designer's label: "3407"
- Slouch type hat and matching ascot. a) Slouch style hat of gold lame with butterfly print in blues and reds. Large bow of self at front base of crown and smaller bow of self at base of crown in back. Asymmetrical brim, wider in front. Lined in black felt. Designer's label: "Paris New York / J. Suzanne Talbot / 8. Avenue Matignon" b) Ascot of matching gold lame with butterfly print in blues and reds. Designer's label: "Paris New York / J. Suzanne Talbot / 8. Avenue Matignon" Model number tag to right of designer's label (illegible): "38-5(?)"
- Pumps of white suede and black leather segments. The shoes of white suede are designed with a slightly pointed toe, open at front with a small inverted "V" shape, the front of the toe-box overlaid with a black leather trim. The instep with black narrow leather lace-up details and bow. Wedge heel of white suede with black leather horizontal bands. Designer's stamp inside left shoe: "by Johansen / Smartest Since 1876" Retailer's stamp inside right shoe: "Ernest Grissom's / Abilene"