UNT College of Information - 3 Matching Results
- An Application Profile Using Darwin Core Rendered in the New Dublin Core Application Profile Framework
- Poster presented at the 2009 Taxonomic Database Working Group Annual Conference. This poster discusses an application profile using Darwin Core rendered in the new Dublin Core application profile framework. This is part of the Apiary Project, a collaboration of the Texas Center for Digital Knowledge at the University of North Texas and the Botanical Research Institute of Texas.
- The Apiary Project: High-Throughput Workflow for Computer-Assisted Human Parsing of Biological Specimen Label Data
- Presentation for the 2009 Society for the Preservation of Natural History Collections Meeting. This presentation discusses research on high-throughput workflow for computer-assisted human parsing of biological specimen label data. This is part of the Apiary Project, a collaboration of the Texas Center for Digital Knowledge at the University of North Texas and the Botanical Research Institute of Texas.
- Open Access: A New Paradigm for Knowledge Creation, Dissemination, and Access
- The notion of open access to scholarly information is not new. In recent years, however, it has taken on prominence within the broader context of scholarly work, communication, and publishing. This brief paper intends to highlight and clarify key aspects of open access to assist UNTs initial discussions of the utility of open access for UNT researchers and scholars.