This system will be undergoing maintenance Friday, March 31 from 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM CDT.
UNT Center for Economic Development and Research - Browse
- The Next Hundred Million and The Next Six Million - or more: Population Trends in the US and North Texas
- This presentation discusses population trends in the United States and in North Texas with census bureau reports and projected growth in specific areas.
- Evaluating the Impact of Transit-Oriented Development
- This report examines the impact of transit-oriented development. Transit-oriented development (TOD) is an increasingly popular urban form. Based on a survey of residents of TOD projects in areas served by Dallas Area Rapid Transit, Fort Worth T, and Capital Metro (Austin) rail transit, moving into TOD decreases VMT by an average of 15 percent, or about 3,500 miles per year, which impacts TxDOT motor fuel tax revenues. The data also indicate that these households shift their choice of route to include more arterial roads versus highways. Differential behavior is observed among the three areas studied with the greatest impact being on the DART system and the Capital Metro system showing smaller changes in TOD resident travel behaviors. Residents of TOD choose their housing based mostly on commuting distance and lifestyle characteristics, such as proximity to dining and entertainment venues. Proximity to a transit rail station is at least moderately important for 57 percent of respondents. The report recommends that TxDOT look to incorporate TOD into facility planning and design and seek ways to extract value from TOD projects.
- Lavon, Texas: Crossroads of Opportunity
- This report examines the City of Lavon, Texas and its economic opportunities. It gives an overview of the City of Lavon and discusses the development of other small cities in the Dallas/Fort-Worth area. It reports on incentives for Lavon, discusses the organization of an Economic Development Corporation (EDC) and its tasks, offers an in-depth profile of the community in Lavon, and shows economic development strategies with conclusions about their findings.
- Economic Impacts of the Natural Gas Industry in North Texas
- This presentation is part of the UNT Speaks Out faculty lecture series, Gas Well Drilling: What Does it Mean for North Texas? In this presentation, the author discusses the economic benefits to natural gas production, reviews the most recent study on regional economic impacts, considers recent trends in drilling activity, and considers some of the downsides.
- From Rodeos to Indie Rock: The Economic and Fiscal Impacts of Selected Cultural Events in Denton, Texas
- This report discusses the economic and fiscal impacts of selected cultural events in Denton, Texas.