UNT College of Arts and Sciences - 5 Matching Results
- Metaphoric Analysis of a Shipyard Union Dispute: Theory and Method in the Cultural Analysis of Collective Action
- This book chapter discusses the metaphoric analysis of a shipyard union dispute and the theory and method in the cultural analysis of collective action. Rather than treating grievances and political opportunities, given, and exogenous to organized movement groups, cultural analysts of social movements have recently focused on cognitive and linguistic processes by which factors relevant to collective behavior are themselves interpreted collectively.
- Knowledge of Cervical Cancer Risk Factors Among Educated Women in Lomé, Togo: Half-Truths and Misconceptions
- This article assesses what Togolese educated women know about cervical cancer and the accuracy of their knowledge.
- Sexual identity and risk behavior among men who have sex with men (MSM) in Accra, Ghana and Lomẻ, Togo
- This article studies the impact of homonegativity on risky sexual behavior among men who have sex with men (MSM) in Ghana and Togo (West Africa) using a mixed method approach.
- Being an Informed Consumer of Health Information and Assessment of Electronic Health Literacy in a National Sample of Internet Users: Validity and Reliability of the e-HLS Instrument
- This article examines psychometric properties of a new electronic health literacy measure in a national sample of Internet users with specific attention to older users.
- Christian Fundamentalists or Atheists: Who do Progressive Christians Like or Hate More?
- This article examines the propensity of theological, political, and/or denominational progressive Christians to have affinity or disaffinity towards Christian fundamentalists and atheists.