UNT Libraries Special Collections - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED
[Administration Building damage from bombing, April 18, 1970]
Photograph of damage done to the first floor Men's Lounge of the Administration Building (later the Hurley Administration Building) by a firebomb on April 18, 1970. The fire was discovered by Campus Patrolman Mike Amador moments after it was started by a "Molotov cocktail" thrown through the window. Patrolman Amador quickly put out the blaze, and called the Fire Department, preventing any further damage to the structure.
[Administration Building damage from bombing, April 18, 1970]
Photograph of damage done to the first floor Men's Lounge of the Administration Building (later the Hurley Administration Building) by a firebomb on April 18, 1970. The fire was discovered by Campus Patrolman Mike Amador moments after it was started by a "Molotov cocktail" thrown through the window. Patrolman Amador quickly put out the blaze, and called the Fire Department, preventing any further damage to the structure.
[Administration Building damage from bombing, April 18, 1970]
Photograph of damage done to the first floor Men's Lounge of the Administration Building (later the Hurley Administration Building) by a firebomb on April 18, 1970. The fire was discovered by Campus Patrolman Mike Amador moments after it was started by a "Molotov cocktail" thrown through the window. Patrolman Amador quickly put out the blaze, and called the Fire Department, preventing any further damage to the structure.
[Administration Building damage from bombing, April 18, 1970]
Photograph of damage done to the first floor Men's Lounge of the Administration Building (later the Hurley Administration Building) by a firebomb on April 18, 1970. The fire was discovered by Campus Patrolman Mike Amador moments after it was started by a "Molotov cocktail" thrown through the window. Patrolman Amador quickly put out the blaze, and called the Fire Department, preventing any further damage to the structure.
[Administration Building damage from bombing, April 18, 1970]
Photograph of damage done to the first floor Men's Lounge of the Administration Building (later the Hurley Administration Building) by a firebomb on April 18, 1970. The fire was discovered by Campus Patrolman Mike Amador moments after it was started by a "Molotov cocktail" thrown through the window. Patrolman Amador quickly put out the blaze, and called the Fire Department, preventing any further damage to the structure.
[Administration Building damage from bombing, April 18, 1970]
Photograph of damage done to the first floor Men's Lounge of the Administration Building (later the Hurley Administration Building) by a firebomb on April 18, 1970. The fire was discovered by Campus Patrolman Mike Amador moments after it was started by a "Molotov cocktail" thrown through the window. Patrolman Amador quickly put out the blaze, and called the Fire Department, preventing any further damage to the structure.
[Administration Building damage from bombing, April 18, 1970]
Photograph of damage done to the first floor Men's Lounge of the Administration Building (later the Hurley Administration Building) by a firebomb on April 18, 1970. The fire was discovered by Campus Patrolman Mike Amador moments after it was started by a "Molotov cocktail" thrown through the window. Patrolman Amador quickly put out the blaze, and called the Fire Department, preventing any further damage to the structure.
[Administration Building damage from bombing, April 18, 1970]
Photograph of damage done to the first floor Men's Lounge of the Administration Building (later the Hurley Administration Building) by a firebomb on April 18, 1970. The fire was discovered by Campus Patrolman Mike Amador moments after it was started by a "Molotov cocktail" thrown through the window. Patrolman Amador quickly put out the blaze, and called the Fire Department, preventing any further damage to the structure.
[Administration Building damage from bombing, April 18, 1970]
Photograph of damage done to the first floor Men's Lounge of the Administration Building (later the Hurley Administration Building) by a firebomb on April 18, 1970. The fire was discovered by Campus Patrolman Mike Amador moments after it was started by a "Molotov cocktail" thrown through the window. Patrolman Amador quickly put out the blaze, and called the Fire Department, preventing any further damage to the structure.
[Administration Building damage from bombing, April 18, 1970]
Photograph of damage done to the first floor Men's Lounge of the Administration Building (later the Hurley Administration Building) by a firebomb on April 18, 1970. The fire was discovered by Campus Patrolman Mike Amador moments after it was started by a "Molotov cocktail" thrown through the window. Patrolman Amador quickly put out the blaze, and called the Fire Department, preventing any further damage to the structure.
[Administration Building damage from bombing, April 18, 1970]
Photograph of damage done to the first floor Men's Lounge of the Administration Building (later the Hurley Administration Building) by a firebomb on April 18, 1970. The fire was discovered by Campus Patrolman Mike Amador moments after it was started by a "Molotov cocktail" thrown through the window. Patrolman Amador quickly put out the blaze, and called the Fire Department, preventing any further damage to the structure.
[Administration Building damage from bombing, April 18, 1970]
Photograph of damage done to the first floor Men's Lounge of the Administration Building (later the Hurley Administration Building) by a firebomb on April 18, 1970. The fire was discovered by Campus Patrolman Mike Amador moments after it was started by a "Molotov cocktail" thrown through the window. Patrolman Amador quickly put out the blaze, and called the Fire Department, preventing any further damage to the structure.
[Administration Building damage from bombing, April 18, 1970]
Photograph of damage done to the first floor Men's Lounge of the Administration Building (later the Hurley Administration Building) by a firebomb on April 18, 1970. The fire was discovered by Campus Patrolman Mike Amador moments after it was started by a "Molotov cocktail" thrown through the window. Patrolman Amador quickly put out the blaze, and called the Fire Department, preventing any further damage to the structure.
[Administration Building damage from bombing, April 18, 1970]
Photograph of damage done to the first floor Men's Lounge of the Administration Building (later the Hurley Administration Building) by a firebomb on April 18, 1970. The fire was discovered by Campus Patrolman Mike Amador moments after it was started by a "Molotov cocktail" thrown through the window. Patrolman Amador quickly put out the blaze, and called the Fire Department, preventing any further damage to the structure.
[Administration Building, Exterior]
Photograph of the Administration building at North Texas State University. Several trees can be seen in the foreground, and balls of light shine in the image.
[Administration Building, Exterior]
Photograph of the Administration Building at North Texas State University. Two cars can be seen parked a short distance from the building's entrance.
[Administration Building, Exterior]
Photograph of the Administration building at North Texas State University. Two cars are parked a short distance from the building's entrance.
[Administration Building, Exterior]
Photograph of the Administration Building at North Texas State University. Two cars can be seen parked a short distance from the building.
[Administration Building, Exterior]
Photograph of the Administration building at North Texas State University. Two cars are parked a short distance from the building's entrance.
[Administration Building, Exterior]
Photograph of the Administration building at North Texas State University. Two cars are parked a short distance from the building's entrance.
[Administration Building, Exterior]
Photograph of the Administration building on the North Texas campus in Denton. The building was built in 1956, and in 2002 it became known as the Hurley Administration building. The sky is dark, and several trees can be seen in the foreground.
[Administration Building, Exterior]
Photograph of the Administration building at North Texas State University. Two cars are parked a short distance from the building's entrance.
[Administration Building from Campus Grounds, 1963/64]
Photograph of the Hurley Administration taken from campus grounds in 1963.
[Administration building from the north]
Photograph of the Administration Building and McConnell Memorial Tower from the north. The Administration Building was constructed in 1956, and in 2002 was renamed the Hurley Administration Building in honor of retiring Chancellor and former President of UNT Dr. Alfred F. Hurley. In this photograph, the clock tower, which was named the McConnell Memorial Tower in honor of W. Joseph McConnell, President of North Texas State Teachers College from 1934 to 1951, has a clock face on the north side only. The east, south, and west clock faces were not installed until May 1974.
[Administration Building from the north]
Photograph of the Administration Building and McConnell Memorial Tower from the north, with what is now Sycamore Hall, formerly the Science & Technology Library, to the left. The Administration Building was constructed in 1956, and in 2002 was renamed the Hurley Administration Building in honor of retiring Chancellor and former President of UNT Dr. Alfred F. Hurley. In this photograph, the clock tower, which was named the McConnell Memorial Tower in honor of W. Joseph McConnell, President of North Texas State Teachers College from 1934 to 1951, has a clock face on the north side only. The east, south, and west clock faces were not installed until May 1974, dating this image to between 1956 and 1974.
[Administration Building from the north]
Photograph of the Administration Building and McConnell Memorial Tower from the north, from the stairs in front of what is now Sycamore Hall, previously the Information Science Building. Standing and sitting on the steps can be seen students talking. The Administration Building was constructed in 1956, and in 2002 was renamed the Hurley Administration Building in honor of retiring Chancellor and former President of UNT Dr. Alfred F. Hurley. In this photograph, the clock tower, which was named the McConnell Memorial Tower in honor of W. Joseph McConnell, President of North Texas State Teachers College from 1934 to 1951, has a clock face on the north side only. The east, south, and west clock faces were not installed until May 1974, dating this image to between 1956 and 1974, most likely taken in the early 1960s.
[Administration Building from the north]
Photograph of the Administration Building and McConnell Memorial Tower, seen from the north. The Administration Building was constructed in 1956, and in 2002 was renamed the Hurley Administration Building in honor of retiring Chancellor and former President of UNT Dr. Alfred F. Hurley. In this photograph, the clock tower, which was named the McConnell Memorial Tower in honor of W. Joseph McConnell, President of North Texas State Teachers College from 1934 to 1951, has a clock face on the north side only. The east, south, and west clock faces were not installed until May 1974, dating this image to between 1956 and 1974.
[Administration Building from the north]
Photograph of the Administration Building and its McConnell Memorial Tower from the north. The photo shows part of the west facade and steps of the Library Building, which was renamed the Information Science Building in 1971-1972, and then renamed Sycamore Hall in June 2011. The Administration Building was constructed in 1956, and in 2002 was renamed the Hurley Administration Building after retiring UNT Chancellor and former President Dr. Alfred F. Hurley. From the lack of visible numbers and hands on the east side of the tower, this photo appears to have been taken before May 1974. Before that date, the McConnell Memorial Tower, named after W. Joseph McConnell, President of North Texas State College from 1934 to 1951, had a clock face only on the north side. Photo most likely taken in the mid-1960s.
[Administration Building from the north]
Photograph of the Administration Building and McConnell Memorial Tower from the north, with what is now Sycamore Hall, formerly the Science & Technology Library, to the left. The Administration Building was constructed in 1956, and in 2002 was renamed the Hurley Administration Building in honor of retiring Chancellor and former President of UNT Dr. Alfred F. Hurley. In this photograph, the clock tower, which was named the McConnell Memorial Tower in honor of W. Joseph McConnell, President of North Texas State Teachers College from 1934 to 1951, has a clock face on the north side only. The east, south, and west clock faces were not installed until May 1974, dating this image to between 1956 and 1974.
[Administration Building from the north]
Photograph of the Administration Building and McConnell Memorial Tower from the north, with what is now Sycamore Hall, formerly the Science & Technology Library, to the left. The Administration Building was constructed in 1956, and in 2002 was renamed the Hurley Administration Building in honor of retiring Chancellor and former President of UNT Dr. Alfred F. Hurley. In this photograph, the clock tower, which was named the McConnell Memorial Tower in honor of W. Joseph McConnell, President of North Texas State Teachers College from 1934 to 1951, has a clock face on the north side only. The east, south, and west clock faces were not installed until May 1974, dating this image to between 1956 and 1974.
[Administration Building from the north]
Photograph of the Administration Building and its McConnell Memorial Tower from the north. The photo shows part of the west facade and steps of the Library Building, which was renamed the Information Science Building in 1971-1972, and then renamed Sycamore Hall in June 2011. The Administration Building was constructed in 1956, and in 2002 was renamed the Hurley Administration Building after retiring UNT Chancellor and former President Dr. Alfred F. Hurley. From the lack of visible numbers and hands on the east side of the tower, this photo appears to have been taken before May 1974. Before that date, the McConnell Memorial Tower, named after W. Joseph McConnell, President of North Texas State College from 1934 to 1951, had a clock face only on the north side. Photo most likely taken in the mid-1960s.
[Administration Building from the north]
Photograph of the Administration Building and its McConnell Memorial Tower from the north. The photo shows part of the west facade and steps of the Library Building, which was renamed the Information Science Building in 1971-1972, and then renamed Sycamore Hall in June 2011. The Administration Building was constructed in 1956, and in 2002 was renamed the Hurley Administration Building after retiring UNT Chancellor and former President Dr. Alfred F. Hurley. From the lack of visible numbers and hands on the east side of the tower, this photo appears to have been taken before May 1974. Before that date, the McConnell Memorial Tower, named after W. Joseph McConnell, President of North Texas State College from 1934 to 1951, had a clock face only on the north side. Photo most likely taken in the mid-1960s.
[Administration Building from the north]
Photograph of the Administration Building and McConnell Memorial Tower from the north, with what is now Sycamore Hall, formerly the Science & Technology Library, to the left. The Administration Building was constructed in 1956, and in 2002 was renamed the Hurley Administration Building in honor of retiring Chancellor and former President of UNT Dr. Alfred F. Hurley. In this photograph, the clock tower, which was named the McConnell Memorial Tower in honor of W. Joseph McConnell, President of North Texas State Teachers College from 1934 to 1951, has a clock face on the north side only. The east, south, and west clock faces were not installed until May 1974, dating this image to between 1956 and 1974.
[Administration Building from the north]
Photograph of the Administration Building and its McConnell Memorial Tower from the north. The photo shows part of the west facade and steps of the Library Building, which was renamed the Information Science Building in 1971-1972, and then renamed Sycamore Hall in June 2011. The Administration Building was constructed in 1956, and in 2002 was renamed the Hurley Administration Building after retiring UNT Chancellor and former President Dr. Alfred F. Hurley. From the lack of visible numbers and hands on the east side of the tower, this photo appears to have been taken before May 1974. Before that date, the McConnell Memorial Tower, named after W. Joseph McConnell, President of North Texas State College from 1934 to 1951, had a clock face only on the north side. Photo most likely taken in the mid-1960s.
[Administration Building from the north from Avenue B, at night]
Photograph of the Administration Building at night, looking from the north along Avenue B. To the left is the the Library Building, which was renamed the Information Science Building in 1971-1972, and then renamed Sycamore Hall in June 2011. The Administration Building was constructed in 1956, and in 2002 was renamed the Hurley Administration Building after retiring UNT Chancellor and former President Dr. Alfred F. Hurley. The McConnell Memorial Tower was named after W. Joseph McConnell, President of North Texas State College from 1934 to 1951. Avenue B was closed north of the Administration Building in 1976.
[Administration Building from the northeast]
Photograph of the Administration Building and McConnell Memorial Tower, from the northeast. The Administration Building was constructed in 1956, and in 2002 was renamed the Hurley Administration Building in honor of retiring Chancellor and former President of UNT Dr. Alfred F. Hurley. In this photograph, the clock tower, which was named the McConnell Memorial Tower in honor of W. Joseph McConnell, President of North Texas State Teachers College from 1934 to 1951, has a clock face on the north side only. The east, south, and west clock faces were not installed until May 1974.
[Administration Building from the northeast]
Photograph of the Administration Building, looking from the north-east to the south-west across the front facade of the building. The Administration Building was constructed in 1956, and in 2002 was renamed the Hurley Administration Building in honor of retiring Chancellor and former President of UNT Dr. Alfred F. Hurley. In this photograph, the clock tower, which was named the McConnell Memorial Tower in honor of W. Joseph McConnell, President of North Texas State Teachers College from 1934 to 1951, has a clock face on the north side only. The east, south, and west clock faces were not installed until May 1974.
[Administration Building from the northeast]
Photograph of the Administration Building and McConnell Memorial Tower from the northeast. The Administration Building was constructed in 1956, and in 2002 was renamed the Hurley Administration Building in honor of retiring Chancellor and former President of UNT Dr. Alfred F. Hurley. In this photograph, the clock tower, which was named the McConnell Memorial Tower in honor of W. Joseph McConnell, President of North Texas State Teachers College from 1934 to 1951, has a clock face on the north side only. The east, south, and west clock faces were not installed until May 1974.
[Administration Building from the northeast]
Photograph of the Administration Building and McConnell Memorial Tower from the northeast. The Administration Building was constructed in 1956, and in 2002 was renamed the Hurley Administration Building in honor of retiring Chancellor and former President of UNT Dr. Alfred F. Hurley. In this photograph, the clock tower, which was named the McConnell Memorial Tower in honor of W. Joseph McConnell, President of North Texas State Teachers College from 1934 to 1951, has a clock face on the north side only. The east, south, and west clock faces were not installed until May 1974, dating this image to between 1956 and 1974.
[Administration Building from the northwest]
Photograph of the Administration Building and McConnell Memorial Tower. Looking from the north-west to the south-east, the view shows the main/front facade on the north side and the west end. The Administration Building was constructed in 1956, and in 2002 was renamed the Hurley Administration Building in honor of retiring Chancellor and former President of UNT Dr. Alfred F. Hurley. In this photograph, the clock tower, which was named the McConnell Memorial Tower in honor of W. Joseph McConnell, President of North Texas State Teachers College from 1934 to 1951, has a clock face only on the north side. The east, south, and west clock faces were not installed until May 1974. At far left can be seen a part of the Student Union building that was constructed 1964/1965, dating this image to between 1965 and 1974.
[Administration Building from the northwest]
Photograph of the Administration Building and McConnell Memorial Tower from the northwest. The Administration Building was constructed in 1956, and in 2002 was renamed the Hurley Administration Building in honor of retiring Chancellor and former President of UNT Dr. Alfred F. Hurley. In this photograph, the clock tower, which was named the McConnell Memorial Tower in honor of W. Joseph McConnell, President of North Texas State Teachers College from 1934 to 1951, has a clock face visible on both the north and west side. The east, south, and west clock faces were not installed until May 1974. Photograph likely taken in late 1970s.
[Administration Building from the northwest]
Photograph of the Administration Building and McConnell Memorial Tower. Looking from the north-west to the south-east, the view shows the main/front facade on the north side and the west end. The Administration Building was constructed in 1956, and in 2002 was renamed the Hurley Administration Building in honor of retiring Chancellor and former President of UNT Dr. Alfred F. Hurley. In this photograph, the clock tower, which was named the McConnell Memorial Tower in honor of W. Joseph McConnell, President of North Texas State Teachers College from 1934 to 1951, has a clock face only on the north side. The east, south, and west clock faces were not installed until May 1974. At far left can be seen a part of the Student Union building that was constructed 1964/1965, dating this image to between 1965 and 1974.
[Administration Building from the northwest]
Photograph of the Administration Building and McConnell Memorial Tower. Looking from the north-west to the south-east, the view shows the main/front facade on the north side and the west end. The Administration Building was constructed in 1956, and in 2002 was renamed the Hurley Administration Building in honor of retiring Chancellor and former President of UNT Dr. Alfred F. Hurley. In this photograph, the clock tower, which was named the McConnell Memorial Tower in honor of W. Joseph McConnell, President of North Texas State Teachers College from 1934 to 1951, has a clock face only on the north side. The east, south, and west clock faces were not installed until May 1974. At far left can be seen a part of the Student Union building that was constructed 1964/1965, dating this image to between 1965 and 1974.
[Administration Building from the northwest]
Photograph of the Administration Building and McConnell Memorial Tower. Looking from the north-west to the south-east, the view shows the main/front facade on the north side and the west end. The Administration Building was constructed in 1956, and in 2002 was renamed the Hurley Administration Building in honor of retiring Chancellor and former President of UNT Dr. Alfred F. Hurley. In this photograph, the clock tower, which was named the McConnell Memorial Tower in honor of W. Joseph McConnell, President of North Texas State Teachers College from 1934 to 1951, has a clock face only on the north side. The east, south, and west clock faces were not installed until May 1974. At far left can be seen a part of the Student Union building that was constructed 1964/1965, dating this image to between 1965 and 1974.
[Administration Building from the northwest]
Photograph of the Administration Building and McConnell Memorial Tower. Looking from the north-west to the south-east, the view shows the main/front facade on the north side and the west end. The Administration Building was constructed in 1956, and in 2002 was renamed the Hurley Administration Building in honor of retiring Chancellor and former President of UNT Dr. Alfred F. Hurley. In this photograph, the clock tower, which was named the McConnell Memorial Tower in honor of W. Joseph McConnell, President of North Texas State Teachers College from 1934 to 1951, has a clock face only on the north side. The east, south, and west clock faces were not installed until May 1974. At far left can be seen a part of the Student Union building that was constructed 1964/1965, dating this image to between 1965 and 1974.
[Administration Building from the northwest]
Photograph of the Administration Building and McConnell Memorial Tower. Looking from the north-west to the south-east, the view shows the main/front facade on the north side and the west end. The Administration Building was constructed in 1956, and in 2002 was renamed the Hurley Administration Building in honor of retiring Chancellor and former President of UNT Dr. Alfred F. Hurley. In this photograph, the clock tower, which was named the McConnell Memorial Tower in honor of W. Joseph McConnell, President of North Texas State Teachers College from 1934 to 1951, has a clock face only on the north side. The east, south, and west clock faces were not installed until May 1974. At far left can be seen a part of the Student Union building that was constructed 1964/1965, dating this image to between 1965 and 1974.
[Administration Building from the northwest]
Photograph of the Administration Building and McConnell Memorial Tower. Looking from the north-west to the south-east, the view shows the main/front facade on the north side and the west end. The Administration Building was constructed in 1956, and in 2002 was renamed the Hurley Administration Building in honor of retiring Chancellor and former President of UNT Dr. Alfred F. Hurley. In this photograph, the clock tower, which was named the McConnell Memorial Tower in honor of W. Joseph McConnell, President of North Texas State Teachers College from 1934 to 1951, has a clock face only on the north side. The east, south, and west clock faces were not installed until May 1974. At far left can be seen a part of the Student Union building that was constructed 1964/1965, dating this image to between 1965 and 1974.
[Administration Building from the northwest]
Photograph of the Administration Building and McConnell Memorial Tower. Looking from the north-west to the south-east, the view shows the main/front facade on the north side and the west end. The Administration Building was constructed in 1956, and in 2002 was renamed the Hurley Administration Building in honor of retiring Chancellor and former President of UNT Dr. Alfred F. Hurley. In this photograph, the clock tower, which was named the McConnell Memorial Tower in honor of W. Joseph McConnell, President of North Texas State Teachers College from 1934 to 1951, has a clock face visible on the north and west sides. The east, south, and west clock faces were not installed until May 1974, dating this image to after 1974. Most likely taken in late 1970s or early 1980s.
[Administration Building from the northwest]
Photograph of the Administration Building and McConnell Memorial Tower. Looking from the north-west to the south-east, the view shows the main/front facade on the north side and the west end. The Administration Building was constructed in 1956, and in 2002 was renamed the Hurley Administration Building in honor of retiring Chancellor and former President of UNT Dr. Alfred F. Hurley. In this photograph, the clock tower, which was named the McConnell Memorial Tower in honor of W. Joseph McConnell, President of North Texas State Teachers College from 1934 to 1951, has a clock face only on the north side. The east, south, and west clock faces were not installed until May 1974. At far left can be seen a part of the Student Union building that was constructed 1964/1965, dating this image to between 1965 and 1974.
[Administration Building from the northwest]
Photograph of the Administration Building and McConnell Memorial Tower. Looking from the north-west to the south-east, the view shows the main/front facade on the north side and the west end. The Administration Building was constructed in 1956, and in 2002 was renamed the Hurley Administration Building in honor of retiring Chancellor and former President of UNT Dr. Alfred F. Hurley. In this photograph, the clock tower, which was named the McConnell Memorial Tower in honor of W. Joseph McConnell, President of North Texas State Teachers College from 1934 to 1951, has a clock face on the north side only. The east, south, and west clock faces were not installed until May 1974. To the far left can be seen part of the Student Union which was constructed in 1964/1965, dating this image to between 1965 and 1974.