UNT Libraries Special Collections - 16 Matching Results

Search Results

[Letter from Irene Biffle Williams to Byrd Williams, Jr., August 23, 1923]

Description: Letter from Irene Biffle Williams to her husband Byrd Williams, Jr., discussing the need for money to pay for their sons, B. M. (Byrd, III) and John to have their tonsils taken out, as well as for John's circumcision. The letter also delves into their marital troubles as Byrd spends too much time away while working and gambling.
Date: August 23, 1923
Creator: Williams, Irene Biffle

[Administration Building at North Texas State Teachers College]

Description: Photograph of the Administration Building, in center background, at North Texas State Teachers College. This photograph was taken from a paved street. The Historical Building is visible in the left foreground, and the Science Building is in the right foreground. A walkway, with open white gates, leads between the Historical Building and Science Building to the Administration Building. The walkway is lined with trees and shrubbery. Part of an automobile is also visible in the left foreground parked at the curb. Handwritten notes on the back of the photograph read, "admin. bldg. before 1935" and "Campus Inner, Historical Bldg. [L], Auditorium (Admin before '35) Bldg. [Center], Science Bldg. [R]."
Date: [1923..1935]
Location Info:

[Main Building and Science Building]

Description: Photograph of the Main Building (Old Main) and the Science Building prior to the Main Building's demolition. The Main Building was constructed in 1904, the second permanent structure on North Texas Campus. It housed an auditorium that seated 1,200, library, administrative offices, and classrooms. Sometimes referred to as the Old Main building, the structure was demolished in 1923 to make way for the new Administration Building, which is now the Auditorium Building.The Science Building was built in 1910 and demolished in 1967 to make way for the Language Building.
Date: 1923
Location Info:

[Main Building Being Torn Down]

Description: Photograph of the Main Building (Old Main) and the Science Building prior to the Main Building's demolition. The Main Building was constructed in 1904, the second permanent structure on North Texas Campus. It housed an auditorium that seated 1,200, library, administrative offices, and classrooms. Sometimes referred to as the Old Main building, the structure was demolished in 1923 to make way for the new Administration Building, which is now the Auditorium Building.The Science Building was built in 1910 and demolished in 1967 to make way for the Language Building.
Date: 1923
Creator: Johnson, Echvard
Location Info:

[Main Building (Old Main) before demolition]

Description: Photograph of the Main Building (Old Main) being torn down. The Main Building was constructed in 1904, the second permanent structure on North Texas Campus. It housed an auditorium that seated 1,200, library, administrative offices, and classrooms. Sometimes referred to as the Old Main building, the structure was demolished in 1923 to make way for the new Administration Building, which is now the Auditorium Building.
Date: 1923
Location Info: