Description: Photograph of an open-top car stuck deep in the mud of Avenue A in front of the Library Building, at North Texas State Normal College. One wheel is jacked up, and the three visible wheels have chains for traction. In the background can be seen at left the main front (east) side of the Library Building, and to the right the Science Building. The Library Building was constructed in 1912-13 as the first Library on campus. After 1940 it was known as the Historical Building, and in 1990-91 was renamed the O.J. Curry Building. The Science Building was constructed in 1910, and remained in use until 1967, when it was torn down and the Language Building was constructed on the site.
Item Type: Photograph