This system will be undergoing maintenance Friday, March 31 from 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM CDT.
UNT Libraries - Browse
- Capability and cost assessment of the major forest nations to measure and monitor their forest carbon
- According to the Executive Summary, the aims and objective of this report are to provide an assessment of national capacity and capability in 25 tropical countries for measuring and monitoring forest as a requirement for reporting on REDD under IPCC guidelines. This paper was commissioned by the United Kingdom Office of Climate Change as background work to its report 'Climate Change: Financing Global Forests' (the Eliasch Review).
- The Cost of Avoiding Deforestation: Update of the Report prepared for the Stern Review of the Economics of Climate Change
- According to the introduction, this report provides a global estimate of the cost of reducing the rate of deforestation.
- Winds of Change: East Asia's Sustainable Energy Future
- This report outlines the strategic direction of the energy sector to meet its growing energy demand in an environmentally-sustainable manner over the next two decades, and presents a pathway of policy frameworks and financing mechanisms to get there. This study found that large-scale deployment of energy efficiency and low-carbon technologies can simultaneously stabilize East Asia’s CO2 emissions by 2025 and significantly improve the local environment and enhance energy security, without compromising economic growth.
- Tunza: The UNEP Magazine for Youth, Volume 1, Number 3, 2004
- Tunza is a UNEP magazine for and by young people. This issue is devoted to food issues related to the environment.
- Our Planet : Connected Dreams - Globalization and the Environment
- Our Planet is a periodical magazine published by the United Nations Environment Programme. This issue presents both positive and negative views of globalization, and explores a new model of sustainable globalization.
- Tunza: The UNEP Magazine for Youth, Volume 5, Number 4, 2008
- Tunza is a UNEP magazine for and by young people. This issue is devoted to environmental problems associated with islands, including invasive species, threatened species, and rising oceans.
- Amendments to 1987 Treaty on Fisheries with Pacific Island States : message from the President of the United States transmitting amendments to the 1987 Treaty on Fisheries Between the Governments of Certain Pacific Island States and the Government of the United States of America, with annexes and agreed statements, done at Port Moresby, April 2, 1987 (The "Treaty"), done at Koror, Palau, March 30, 1999, and at Kiritimati, Kiribati, March 24, 2002 : also transmitted, related amendments to the treaty annexes, and the memorandum of understanding
- This treaty further develops relationships between the United States and Pacific nations in the areas of fisheries management and conservation.
- South Pacific Regional Environment Programme Agreement : message from the President of the United States transmitting agreement establishing the South Pacific Regional Environment Programme, done at Apia on June 16, 1993
- The South Pacific Regional Environment Programme is to promote cooperation in the South Pacific islands region and to provide assistance in order to protect and improve the environment and to ensure sustainable development.