This system will be undergoing maintenance Friday, March 31 from 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM CDT.
UNT Libraries - Browse
- Climate Change 2014 Synthesis Report
- This Synthesis Report is based on the reports of the three Working Groups of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), including relevant Special Reports. It provides an integrated view of climate change as the final part of the IPCC’s Fifth Assessment Report (AR5). This summary follows the structure of the longer report, which addresses the following topics: Observed changes and their causes; Future climate change, risks and impacts; Future pathways for adaptation, mitigation and sustainable development; Adaptation and mitigation.
- Dead Planet, Living Planet: Biodiversity and Ecosystem Restoration for Sustainable Development
- This report discusses some vital services that natural ecosystems contribute to human health and development.
- Global Trends in Sustainable Energy Investment 2010: Analysis of Trends and Issues in the Finacning
- This report shows that in spite of the global economic downturn, investment in sustainable energy is still strong.
- Our Planet : Green Economy - Making it work
- Our Planet is a periodical magazine published by the United Nations Environment Programme. This issue is devoted to programs in several countries that are investing in a "green economy" in order to ensure the efficient and sustainable use of natural resources.
- Our Planet , May 2010: Biodiversity, Our Life
- Our Planet is a periodical magazine published by the United Nations Environment Programme. This issue is devoted to the economic importance of biodiversity and how protecting or restoring habitats can significantly reduce the costs in a variety of industries and infrastructures.
- Renewables 2010: Global Status Report
- This report describes economic trends in building the capacity of renewable energy in several countries.
- UNEP in China: Building Back Better
- This booklet describes the cleanup and redevelopment effort in the aftermath of the Sichuan earthquake in 2008. A sustainable building design was included, which minimizes energy needs for cooling, heating, and lighting, is earthquake resistant, results in zero waste at the construction site, and is made with recycled materials.
- UNEP Year Book 2010: New Science and Developments in Our Changing Environment
- This publication presents an overview of global and regional environmental issues and policy decisions during 2010.
- Winds of Change: East Asia's Sustainable Energy Future
- This report outlines the strategic direction of the energy sector to meet its growing energy demand in an environmentally-sustainable manner over the next two decades, and presents a pathway of policy frameworks and financing mechanisms to get there. This study found that large-scale deployment of energy efficiency and low-carbon technologies can simultaneously stabilize East Asia’s CO2 emissions by 2025 and significantly improve the local environment and enhance energy security, without compromising economic growth.