UNT Libraries - 3 Matching Results
- The Cost of Avoiding Deforestation: Update of the Report prepared for the Stern Review of the Economics of Climate Change
- According to the introduction, this report provides a global estimate of the cost of reducing the rate of deforestation.
- Capability and cost assessment of the major forest nations to measure and monitor their forest carbon
- According to the Executive Summary, the aims and objective of this report are to provide an assessment of national capacity and capability in 25 tropical countries for measuring and monitoring forest as a requirement for reporting on REDD under IPCC guidelines. This paper was commissioned by the United Kingdom Office of Climate Change as background work to its report 'Climate Change: Financing Global Forests' (the Eliasch Review).
- Our Planet, Special Edition, 2007
- Magazine of the United Nations Environment Programme discussing worldwide environmental policies and other concerns. This issue is devoted to agriculture, particularly in developing countries. Traditional methods of agricultural intensification can degrade sanitation and public health, while increasing carbon emissions.