UNT Libraries - Browse
- Capability and cost assessment of the major forest nations to measure and monitor their forest carbon
- According to the Executive Summary, the aims and objective of this report are to provide an assessment of national capacity and capability in 25 tropical countries for measuring and monitoring forest as a requirement for reporting on REDD under IPCC guidelines. This paper was commissioned by the United Kingdom Office of Climate Change as background work to its report 'Climate Change: Financing Global Forests' (the Eliasch Review).
- The Cost of Avoiding Deforestation: Update of the Report prepared for the Stern Review of the Economics of Climate Change
- According to the introduction, this report provides a global estimate of the cost of reducing the rate of deforestation.
- Our Planet : Renewable Energy - Generating power, jobs and development
- Our Planet is a periodical magazine published by the United Nations Environment Programme. This issue is devoted the use of renewable energy in climate strategy and economic growth.
- Policies to Change the World: Energy Sufficiency - Eight Policies towards the Sustainable Use of Energy
- This booklet discusses how energy sufficiency is the best solution for reducing energy consumption and waste. It presents policies for reducing global energy consumption such as energy auditing, phasing out incandescent light bulbs, combined heat/cooling energy and power, carbon-negative cooking, smart metering, area road pricing, and other measures.