UNT Libraries - 6 Matching Results
- Capability and cost assessment of the major forest nations to measure and monitor their forest carbon
- According to the Executive Summary, the aims and objective of this report are to provide an assessment of national capacity and capability in 25 tropical countries for measuring and monitoring forest as a requirement for reporting on REDD under IPCC guidelines. This paper was commissioned by the United Kingdom Office of Climate Change as background work to its report 'Climate Change: Financing Global Forests' (the Eliasch Review).
- The Cost of Avoiding Deforestation: Update of the Report prepared for the Stern Review of the Economics of Climate Change
- According to the introduction, this report provides a global estimate of the cost of reducing the rate of deforestation.
- GEO Year Book 2004/5: An Overview of Our Changing Environment
- This publication discusses global environmental efforts, successes, and setbacks of 2004.
- GEO Year Book 2006: An Overview of Our Changing Environment
- This publication describes major global environmental issues and policy decisions during 2006.
- Kew-Eliasch Review Consultation: Report to the Office of Climate Change
- This paper discusses the research tools used to create baseline data for carbon offset mechanisms. The paper explains vegetation survey methodologies with examples of their application in a variety of contexts. These range from rapid studies using remote sensing imagery, to full multiphase survey methods. The paper gives specific examples of how these methods are used to monitor deforestation and forest regeneration.
- UNEP Year Book 2009: New Science in Our Changing Environment
- This publication provides an overview of global and regional environmental issues policy decisions during 2009.