UNT Libraries - Browse
Note: All results matching your query require you to be a member of the UNT Community (you must be on campus or login with university credentials for access).
- Africa Adaptation Programme: An insight into AAP and Country project Profiles
- The Africa Adaptation Programme (AAP) has been designed to support the long-term efforts of targeted countries to further develop their capability to successfully identify, design and implement holistic adaptation and disaster risk reduction programmes that are aligned with national development priorities. This report provides insight into the Africa Adaptation Programme (AAP) and its related country project profiles. The AAP has shifted into implementation, with Namibia and Tunisia as the first countries to complete national inception workshops. Eighteen out of the total twenty programme countries will complete national inception processes and start full-fledged implementation in the coming months.
- Africa: Atlas of Our Changing Environment
- This comprehensive atlas provides data, satellite imagery, and analysis of the environmental conditions and issues relevant to each African country, and several surrounding island nations. The atlas also covers trans-border international issues in Africa.
- Capability and cost assessment of the major forest nations to measure and monitor their forest carbon
- According to the Executive Summary, the aims and objective of this report are to provide an assessment of national capacity and capability in 25 tropical countries for measuring and monitoring forest as a requirement for reporting on REDD under IPCC guidelines. This paper was commissioned by the United Kingdom Office of Climate Change as background work to its report 'Climate Change: Financing Global Forests' (the Eliasch Review).
- The Cost of Avoiding Deforestation: Update of the Report prepared for the Stern Review of the Economics of Climate Change
- According to the introduction, this report provides a global estimate of the cost of reducing the rate of deforestation.
- Our Planet : Renewable Energy - Generating power, jobs and development
- Our Planet is a periodical magazine published by the United Nations Environment Programme. This issue is devoted the use of renewable energy in climate strategy and economic growth.
- Policies to Change the World: Energy Sufficiency - Eight Policies towards the Sustainable Use of Energy
- This booklet discusses how energy sufficiency is the best solution for reducing energy consumption and waste. It presents policies for reducing global energy consumption such as energy auditing, phasing out incandescent light bulbs, combined heat/cooling energy and power, carbon-negative cooking, smart metering, area road pricing, and other measures.
- Tunza: The UNEP Magazine for Youth, Volume 1, Number 3, 2004
- Tunza is a UNEP magazine for and by young people. This issue is devoted to food issues related to the environment.