UNT Scholarly Works - 5 Matching Results
- Down deep in the holler: chasing seeds and stories in southern Appalachia
- This article is the third in a series "Recollections, Reflections, and Revelations: Ethnobiologists and their First Time in the Field" and is a personal reflection by the researcher on his experience and involvement in kinship and friendship networks while conducting agrobiodiversity research in southern Appalachia, USA.
- Increased physical activity, physician recommendation, and senior center participation
- This article employs the Andersen Behavioral Model to explore increased physical activity and participation in three types of senior center activities: physical fitness, dance/aerobic classes, and chair exercises.
- Nurse Aide Decision Making in Nursing Homes: Factors Affecting Empowerment
- Article on nurse aide decision making in nursing homes and the factors affecting empowerment.
- Social Capital and Self-Rated Health among Older Adults in China: A Multilevel Analysis
- Article on social capital and self-rated health among middle-aged and older adults in China.
- Village Characteristics and Health of Rural Chinese Older Adults: Examining the CHARLS Pilot Study of a Rich and Poor Province
- Article on the village characteristics and health of rural Chinese older adults and an examination of the CHARLS pilot study of a rich and poor province.