UNT Scholarly Works - 6 Matching Results
- Bollywood and Beyond: Hinduism Changing the World
- Article discussing research on the ideals of Hinduism, such as pluralism, dharma, ritam, and nonviolence holding important lessons for the future of Hinduism in particular and for humanity in general.
- The Changing Use of Health Care Services Among Unmarried Older Women: 1969 - 1975
- Research report proposal presented to the Andrus Foundation on the changing use of health care services among unmarried older women from 1969 to 1975.
- Generalization of socially transmitted and instructed avoidance
- This article compares two pathways to avoidance--instructions and social observation--on subsequent generalization of avoidance behavior, fear expectancy and physiological arousal.
- The Logic of Uncertainty and Executive Discretion in Decision Making: The Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex Ebola Response
- This article addresses what a highly complex public health situation such as the Dallas-Fort Worth Ebola outbreak tell about the use of discretion by executive level public administrators.
- Not so bad: avoidance and aversive discounting modulate threat appraisal in anterior cingulate and medial prefrontal cortex
- This article describes an investigation in which 30 healthy adults underwent functional neuroimaging while completing an avoidance task in which responses to an Avoidable CS+ threat prevented delivery of an aversive stimulus, but not to an Unavoidable CS+ threat.
- Older Adults' Use of Health Maintenance Organizations
- Article on older adults' use of health maintenance organizations.