Office of Technology Assessment - Browse
- Patenting life: Commercial applications and economic impact of patented animals
- This report provides an overview of U.S. live stock sector. It discusses the potential of commercial applications and expected economic impacts.
- Patenting life: Ethical issues related to the patenting of animals
- This report discusses the importance of patenting transgenic animal for scientific and technology developments, and for innovation and entrepreneurship. It also discusses metaphysical and teological arguments opposing the patenting of transgenic animals.
- Patenting life:Report on agricultural applications and the economic impact of patents on plant breeding
- This report provides an introduction on intellectual property statutes in the United States. It discusses the seed and plant industries in the U.S., management of patents and public issues.