This system will be undergoing maintenance Friday, March 31 from 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM CDT.
Miniature Book Collection - Browse
- Adam and Eve
- The story of Adam and Eve.
- The fall of man
- The story of the Fall of Man.
- Jacob and Esau
- The story of Jacob and Esau.
- Noah and the flood.
- A retelling of the story of Noah.
- Quintus Horatius Flaccus [Unbound sheets]
- A complete set of unbound sheets of the last printing of the Pickering Horace. The Horace was originally printed by Pickering in 1820 as the first of his Diamond Classics, and are a landmark in the world of miniature books and printing. This set of sheets are a remarkable survival, giving insight into the printing and binding process. The sheets are quarter-sheet impressions, each sheet holding 8 front-and-back leaves (16 pages) of the text. The sheets have been folded into gathers, and left thus. The separately printed frontispiece engraving is included as an individual sheet. The whole is housed in a book-form leather case.