Environmental Policy Collection - 5 Matching Results
This system will be undergoing maintenance January 24th 9:00-11:00AM CST.
- Planting and care of street trees.
- Describes the importance of shade trees within city limits, including: how to plan the layout of street trees; the various types of trees best suited for city growth; and how to properly maintain city-grown trees.
- Visual materials on soil and water conservation.
- An annotated list of films about soil and water conservation. Includes information about the films' suitability for use in elementary and secondary schools.
- Your soil, crumbly or cloddy?
- Describes the importance of good soil tilth and methods for improving soil.
- Global Climate Change: U.S. Greenhouse Gas Emissions - Status, Trends, and Projections
- According to the summary, this report reviews U.S. emissions of greenhouse gases in the contexts both of domestic policy and of international obligations and proposals.
- Climate Change Legislation in the 109th Congress
- Climate change and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions are a continuing issue in the 109th Congress. Bills directly addressing climate change issues range from those focused primarily on climate change research to comprehensive emissions cap-and-trade programs. Additional bills focus on GHG reporting and registries, or on power plant emissions of carbon dioxide, as part of wider controls on pollutant emissions. The bills vary in their approaches to climate change issues. This report briefly discusses the basic concepts on which these bills are based and compares major provisions of the bills in each of the following categories: climate change research, technology deployment, GHG reporting and registries, and emissions reduction programs.