Environmental Policy Collection - 9 Matching Results
- Capability and cost assessment of the major forest nations to measure and monitor their forest carbon
- According to the Executive Summary, the aims and objective of this report are to provide an assessment of national capacity and capability in 25 tropical countries for measuring and monitoring forest as a requirement for reporting on REDD under IPCC guidelines. This paper was commissioned by the United Kingdom Office of Climate Change as background work to its report 'Climate Change: Financing Global Forests' (the Eliasch Review).
- Dead Planet, Living Planet: Biodiversity and Ecosystem Restoration for Sustainable Development
- This report discusses some vital services that natural ecosystems contribute to human health and development.
- Global Trends in Sustainable Energy Investment 2010: Analysis of Trends and Issues in the Finacning
- This report shows that in spite of the global economic downturn, investment in sustainable energy is still strong.
- Our Planet, May 2010
- Magazine of the United Nations Environment Programme discussing worldwide environmental policies and other concerns. This issue is devoted to the economic importance of biodiversity and how protecting or restoring habitats can significantly reduce the costs in a variety of industries and infrastructures.
- Renewables 2010: Global Status Report
- This report describes economic trends in building the capacity of renewable energy in several countries.
- Strategic Environmental Assessment and Adaptation to Climate Change
- This is one in a series of Advisory Notes that supplement the OECD/DAC Good Practice Guidance on Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) (OECD/DAC 2006). The focus of this Advisory Note is to show how Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) approaches can help mainstream adaptation to climate change into strategic planning. It is used to integrate considerations related to climate change into national development or sectoral management planning or policymaking processes.
- Tunza: The UNEP Magazine for Youth, Volume 6, Number 2, 2008
- Tunza is a UNEP magazine for and by young people. This issue is devoted to sustainable food production and consumption.
- UNEP Year Book 2009: New Science in Our Changing Environment
- This publication provides an overview of global and regional environmental issues policy decisions during 2009.
- Winds of Change: East Asia's Sustainable Energy Future
- This report outlines the strategic direction of the energy sector to meet its growing energy demand in an environmentally-sustainable manner over the next two decades, and presents a pathway of policy frameworks and financing mechanisms to get there. This study found that large-scale deployment of energy efficiency and low-carbon technologies can simultaneously stabilize East Asia’s CO2 emissions by 2025 and significantly improve the local environment and enhance energy security, without compromising economic growth.