Environmental Policy Collection - 4 Matching Results
- The What and Why of Agricultural Experiment Stations.
- A summary of the purpose, origins, and work of the agricultural experiment stations in the United States.
- Tree planting on rural school grounds.
- Discusses the importance of planning for successful Arbor-Day tree plantings on rural school grounds and churchyards. Includes suggested study topics for teachers to use in school lessons.
- Planting and care of street trees.
- Describes the importance of shade trees within city limits, including: how to plan the layout of street trees; the various types of trees best suited for city growth; and how to properly maintain city-grown trees.
- Rural Planning: The Social Aspects of Recreation Places.
- Describes the trend toward establishing planned recreation areas in rural communities, and the economic and social benefits they provide to farmers.