Congressional Research Service Reports - 3 Matching Results
- A Brief Overview of Actions Taken by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) in Its First Year
- This report looks at actions taken by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) during its first year. The CFPB exists to implement and enforce federal consumer financial laws, ensure consumer access to financial products and services, and ensure that the markets for consumer financial services and products are fair, transparent, and competitive.
- The Pros and Cons of Allowing the Federal Government to Negotiate Prescription Drug Prices
- No Description Available.
- Copyright Law: Digital Rights Management Legislation
- Digital Rights Management (DRM) refers to the technology that copyright owners use to protect digital media. This report surveys several of the DRM bills that were introduced in the 107th Congress and those that are pending in the 108th Congress. Generally, the bills are directed at two separate goals. One goal is to increase access to digitally-protected media for lawful purposes. The other attempts to thwart digital piracy and would do so by enhancing civil and criminal sanctions for digital copyright infringement and educating the public about the rights of copyright holders.