Congressional Research Service Reports - 4 Matching Results
- Social Security: The Trust Fund
- This report covers how the Social Security program is financed and how the Social Security trust fund works.
- Social Security: Where Do Surplus Taxes Go and How Are They Used?
- No Description Available.
- Payroll Taxes: Economic Effects and Legislative Proposals
- This report discusses legislative proposals related to payroll/social security taxes and studies the effects of these taxes on the economy.
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI): The Five-Month Waiting Period for Benefits
- This report explains the five-month waiting period for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits and its legislative history. Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) is authorized by Title II of the Social Security Act and provides income replacement for eligible individuals who are unable to work due to a longterm injury or illness that is expected to last at least one year or result in death.