Congressional Research Service Reports - 4 Matching Results
- Joint-Resolution Seeks to End U.S. Support for Saudi-led Coalition Military Operations in Yemen
- This report discusses Senate Joint Resolution 54 which directs the President to remove U.S. forces from "hostilities in or affecting" Yemen (except for those U.S. forces engaged in counterterrorism operations directed at al Qaeda or associated forces). It provides a brief overview of U.S. involvement in Yemen both militarily and diplomatically through advisement of Saudi Arabia on reducing civilian casulaties and refueling of Saudi planes used in airstrikes.
- U.S. Foreign Aid to the Middle East and North Africa: The President's FY2018 Request
- This report discusses U.S. economic and security assistance to the Middle East and North Africa (MENA).
- Yemen: Cholera Outbreak
- This report discusses the cholera outbreak in Yemen that began in October 2016 due to the breakdown of sanitation systems caused by the ongoing civil war. A brief description of cholera is given along with current conditions in Yemen for healthcare, and past humanitarian aid efforts by the U.S. and the U.N.
- Yemen: Recent Attacks Against U.S. Naval Vessels in the Red Sea
- This report discusses the United States' involvement into the Yemen war, which has killed an estimated 10,000 people since it began in March 2015.