Congressional Research Service Reports - Browse
- Common Legal Questions and Answers Concerning Currency, Legal Tender and Money
- This report answers common legal questions relating to currency, legal tender, and money.
- The Divestiture of American Telephone and Telegraph Company: The Impact on Shareholders
- This report analyzes the impact which the divestiture of the American Telephone and Telegraph Company (AT&T) will have on the 3.2 million holders of AT&T stock. The method of distribution and the listing and trading mechanics of the shares as well as dividend and tax information are discussed. A brief analysis of initial stock performance based on the first two weeks of trading concludes the analysis.
- The General Motors-Toyota Joint Venture and Its Competitive Implications
- This report reviews the economics of joint ventures by focusing on their implication for market competition. It also reviews the legislative history of mergers and joint ventures with special emphasis on aspects of the law that are directed at reducing market concentration.
- Social Security Financing
- No Description Available.