Government Documents A to Z Digitization Project - 7 Matching Results
- The black rot of the cabbage.
- Describes the black rot disease of cabbage, sources of infection, and suggestions for its prevention.
- Forestry for farmers.
- A guide to planting and maintaining small timber tracts or wood lots on farmlands.
- The grain smuts : how they are caused and how to prevent them.
- Discusses the types of smut that affect cereal crops. Provides instructions for treating seed to increase crop production.
- Methods of curing tobacco.
- Describes the process of curing and aging for various types of tobacco, including export tobaccos.
- Milk as food.
- Describes the composition of milk. Investigates the nutritive values and digestibility of milk and milk products in 19th century terms.
- The principal insect enemies of the grape.
- Discusses nine different insect enemies of the grape, and methods for control.
- Tomato growing.
- Discusses tomato growing in detail, including cultivation, pest control, and greenhouse growing. Includes a guide to growing tomatoes for canneries.