The Aerie, Yearbook of University of North Texas, 1990 Page: 58
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
Honors Day was begun as an aca-
demic convocation on this campus in
1950 by the Meritum Chapter of Mortar
Board Honor Society. In 1971 the Blue
Key Honor Society added a banquet for
honorees to accompany the convoca-
tion, which continued to be the province
of Mortar Board. Responsibility for all
the activities of the day was formally
assumed by the University in 1972 via Proclamation of the Univer-
sity president and the president of the student body; all arrange-
and served a two-year
ments continued to be handled by the
Honors and Recognition Committee
since that date. The committee was
composed of Mortar Board and Blue
Key representatives, students and staff
members appointed by the president and
faculty members appointed by the Fac-
ulty Senate. The chairman of the com-
mittee was appointed by the president
The ROTC Honor Guard leads the procession of NT faculty, students and guests to the Main
Auditorium for the Awards Ceremony. Photo by Daniel Gibson
John Todd, chairman of the Faculty Senate, car-
ries the mace. The mace was designed by NT art
professor Harlan W. Butt. Photo by Daniel Gib-
President Hurley congratulates Dan Haerle, a
professor in the College of Music, for being cho-
sen as this year's 'Fessor Graham Award recipi-
ent. Photo by Craig Chin
Here’s what’s next.
This yearbook can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Yearbook.
University of North Texas. The Aerie, Yearbook of University of North Texas, 1990, yearbook, 1990; Denton, Texas. (digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth61055/m1/61/: accessed April 27, 2017), University of North Texas Libraries, Digital Library, digital.library.unt.edu; crediting UNT Libraries Special Collections.