[American flags] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [American flags]
- Added Title [Immigration, Dallas, Texas, 2006-04-09]
- Series Title Immigration in Dallas, Texas
Photographer: Castillo, José L.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Jose L. Castillo is a news correspondent for the Spanish language EFE News Service, the fourth largest news wire in the world. A native of Peru, Mr. Castillo studied translation and interpretation at the Escuela de Traduccion e Interpretacion de Lima (ESIT) in the early 1990s before completing English studies at the University of Newcastle, England. He has worked for various newspapers -- as editor, columnist, reporter or media advisor -- in Georgia, Texas, Florida, New York, Illinois, and California, and Peru and is an award-winning journalist.
- Creation: 2006-04-09
- Digitized: 2007-03-12
- No Language
- Content Description: Immigration protesters wave American flags at the April Mega March in Dallas.
- Physical Description: 1 photograph : col. ; Digital image (JPEG)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Immigration
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: People - Ethnic Groups - Hispanics
- Keyword: Rallies
- Keyword: Demonstrations
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Dallas County - Dallas
- Time Period: mod-tim
- Coverage Date: 2006-04-09
Name: José L. Castillo Photograph CollectionCode: JCPC
Name: UNT Libraries Special CollectionsCode: UNTA
- Rights Access: public
- Accession or Local Control No: PICT8344
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth23144
- Display Note: According to the Dallas Police Department, at least 100,000 people marched in the most well-attended civil movement in the history of Dallas. The protesters demanded the legalization of Hispanic undocumented immigrants, estimated to be about twelve million in the United States. The so-called "mega march" was carried out to demand immigrant amnesty as members of the U.S. Congress debated immigration reform.