Oral History Interview with Elinor W. King, January 9, 1992 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Oral History Interview with Elinor W. King, January 9, 1992
Interviewer: Glaze, MicheleCreator Type: Personal
Interviewee: King, Elinor W.Creator Type: Personal
Name: University of North TexasPlace of Publication: Denton, Texas
- Creation: 1992-01-09
- Content Description: Interview with schoolteacher Elinor W. King from Denton, Texas. In the interview, King describes her life as a student at the Frederick Douglass Colored School in Denton, and includes comments about fellow classmates, teachers, activities, sports, discipline, classes, and summer jobs. King also discusses the desegregation of Denton and the closing of Fred Moore School.
- Physical Description: 76 p. ; 28 cm.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: People - Individuals
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Education - Schools - Teachers
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Education - Schools - Students
- Keyword: oral histories
- Keyword: biographies
- Keyword: interviews
- Keyword: segregation
- Named Person: King, Elinor W.
- Named Person: Glaze, Michele
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Denton County - Denton
- Time Period: oil-gas
- Time Period: mod-tim
- Start Date: 1923-03-09
- End Date: 1992-01-09
Name: UNT Oral HistoriesCode: UNTOH
Name: UNT Oral History ProgramCode: UNTOHP
- Rights Access: unt
- Rights Statement: All rights reserved. To request a copy, contact the Oral History Program.
- Accession or Local Control No: Number 867
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth223681
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: CS