Oral History Interview with David Allred, October 25, 1978 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Oral History Interview with David Allred, October 25, 1978
Interviewer: Marcello, Ronald E.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Dr. Ronald E. Marcello
Interviewee: Allred, DavidCreator Type: Personal
Name: North Texas State UniversityPlace of Publication: Denton, Texas
- Creation: 1978-10-25
- Content Description: Interview with Democratic representative and political journalist David Allred from Wichita Falls, Texas. In the interview, Allred discusses his experiences as a member of the Second Special Session of the Sixty-fifth Legislature. He also talks about his personal views on issues such as Proposition 13 in California, treasury surplus, the repeal of sales tax on residential utility bills, the increase in inheritance tax exemptions, taxation of agricultural and timber land, initiative-referendum, the Peveto Bill, the formation of the "Filthy Fifty", the Sam Houston Caucus, and the House Study Group. Allred also comments on Governor Dolph Briscoe, Speaker Bill Clayton, and Lieutenant Governor Bill Hobby
- Physical Description: 87 p. ; 28 cm.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: People - Individuals
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Education - Colleges and Universities - University of Texas
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Government and Law - Elected Officials
- Keyword: oral histories
- Keyword: biographies
- Keyword: interviews
- Keyword: legislatures
- Keyword: journalists
- Named Person: Allred, David
- Named Person: Marcello, Ronald E.
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Denton County - Denton
- Time Period: mod-tim
- Start Date: 1936
- End Date: 1978-10-25
Name: UNT Oral HistoriesCode: UNTOH
Name: UNT Oral History ProgramCode: UNTOHP
- Rights Access: unt
- Rights Statement: All rights reserved. To request a copy, contact the Oral History Program.
- Accession or Local Control No: Number 505
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth223637
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: CS creationHardware: Epson Expression 10000XL