Oral History Interview with David Allred, April 7, 1970 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Oral History Interview with David Allred, April 7, 1970
Interviewer: Marcello, Ronald E.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Dr. Ronald E. Marcello
Interviewee: Allred, DavidCreator Type: Personal
Name: North Texas State UniversityPlace of Publication: Denton, Texas
- Creation: 1970-04-07
- Content Description: Interview with Democratic Representative and political journalist David Allred from Wichita Falls, Texas. In the interview, Dave discusses his experiences as a member of the Special sessions of the Sixty-first Legislature. He also describes his personal views on issues including one-year versus two-year budgets, increases in sales tax, the expansion of sales tax, "grocery tax", conflicts with Speaker Gus Mutscher, beer lobbying, corporate taxes, voter disillusionment, urban-rural conflicts, Wichita Falls politics, and his campaign for reelection and contest for House speakership.
- Physical Description: 101 p. ; 28 cm.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: People - Individuals
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Education - Colleges and Universities - University of Texas
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Government and Law - Elected Officials
- Keyword: oral histories
- Keyword: biographies
- Keyword: interviews
- Keyword: legislatures
- Keyword: journalists
- Named Person: Allred, David
- Named Person: Marcello, Ronald E.
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Denton County - Denton
- Time Period: mod-tim
- Start Date: 1936
- End Date: 1970-04-07
Name: UNT Oral HistoriesCode: UNTOH
Name: UNT Oral History ProgramCode: UNTOHP
- Rights Access: unt
- Rights Statement: All rights reserved. To request a copy, contact the Oral History Program.
- Accession or Local Control No: Number 502
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth223636
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: CS creationHardware: Epson Expression 10000XL