[Letter from Hamilton K. Redway to Loriette Redway, May 25, 1867] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Letter from Hamilton K. Redway to Loriette Redway, May 25, 1867]
- Series Title Hamilton K. Redway Family papers, 1825-1916
Author: Redway, Hamilton K.Creator Type: Personal
- Creation: 1867-05-25
- Content Description: A letter from Hamilton K. Redway in Washington D.C. to his wife, Loriette Redway, on May 25, 1867. The letter is regarding Hamilton Redway's business and life in Washington. Redway informs Loriette that he is studying as much as possible to pass the examining board, and asks Loriette to pray that he will be prepared to face the board. Redway mentions that he has heard from Chittenden, and asks if Loriette has heard from Ellen. This could be in reference to his niece, Ellen Loretta. Also included with this item is the envelope in which the letter was sent. The envelope is addressed to Mrs. H. K. Redway in Mannsville, New York.
- Physical Description:  p. ; 20 cm. x 12.5 cm.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Correspondence
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Government and Law
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Redway, Hamilton K., 1835- -- Archives.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Redway, Loriette C. -- Archives.
- Item is a Primary Source
- Time Period: civ-war
- Coverage Date: 1867-05-25
- Place Name: United States - Washington D.C.
- Place Name: United States - New York - Jefferson County - Mannsville
Name: The Civil War and its Aftermath: Diverse PerspectivesCode: CWADP
Name: UNT Libraries Special CollectionsCode: UNTA
- OCLC: 25079248
- Call Number: HM. 57
- UNT Catalog No.: b1038507
- Accession or Local Control No: HKR_1997-026-005
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth186780
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: CS
- Display Note: The physical description of the included envelope:  p. ; 7.5 cm. x 13 cm.