[Pamela Buchmeyer, Outrageous Oral] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Pamela Buchmeyer, Outrageous Oral]
Speaker: Buchmeyer, PamelaCreator Type: Personal
Organizer of meeting: The Dallas WayContributor Type: Organization
- Creation: 2016-01-28
- Content Description: Recording of Pamela (Pam) Buchmeyer speaking at Outrageous Oral, Volume 18: A Salute to Baker v. Wade, held from 6 - 8:30 PM on January 28, 2016 in the Rose Room of Station 4 in Dallas. Pam is the daughter of the late U.S. District Judge Jerry L. Buchmeyer, who decided in favor of Donald F. Baker in the Baker v. Wade decision. Pam shares "family stories" from behind the scenes of the Baker v. Wade case.
- Physical Description: 1 recording (24 min., 21 sec.) : sd., col. ; digital
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Lesbians -- Legal status, laws, etc. -- Texas.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Gay rights -- Texas.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Coming out (Sexual orientation)
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Gay men -- Legal status, laws, etc. -- Texas.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Gays -- Legal status, laws, etc. -- Texas.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Gays -- United States.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: People - Individuals
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Government and Law
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs
- Keyword: The Dallas Way
- Keyword: Baker v. Wade
- Keyword: Dallas police
- Keyword: Dallas Gay Lesbian Alliance
- Keyword: penal codes
- Keyword: GLBT
- Keyword: LGBT
- Keyword: privacy rights
- Keyword: The Dallas Morning News
- Keyword: news media
- Keyword: Crossroads Market Bookstore and Cafe
- Keyword: gender nonconformity
- Keyword: Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays
- Keyword: Texas Bar Association
- Keyword: outting
- Keyword: Objectional Books Ordinance
- Keyword: Gay Is Not Okay campaign
- Keyword: Lawrence v. Texas
- Keyword: Lee Park
- Keyword: Resource Center Dallas
- Keyword: Ehrhardt, Harryette
- Keyword: Barber, James
- Keyword: Crandall, Shellie
- Keyword: Grigson, James
- Keyword: Bryant, Anita
- Keyword: Murchison, William
- Keyword: Jeffress, Robert James, Jr.
- Keyword: Anglin, Mike
- Keyword: Taft, Lee
- Keyword: Peeples, Dick
- Named Person: Wade, Henry
- Named Person: Buchmeyer, Jerry L.
- Named Person: Baker, Don F.
- Named Person: Buchmeyer, Pamela
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Dallas County - Dallas
- Place Name: United States
- Place Name: United States - Texas
- Place Point: north=32.810518; east=-96.811138;
- Time Period: mod-tim
- Coverage Date: 1986~/2016-01
- Preferred Citation: Outrageous Oral Collection (AR0860), University of North Texas Special Collections
Name: LGBT CollectionsCode: LGBT
Name: UNT Libraries Special CollectionsCode: UNTA
- Rights Statement: Reproduction and publication of materials in this collection are subject to the policies of the UNT Special Collections department. Copyright restrictions may apply.
- Accession or Local Control No: UNTA_AR0860-002
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc991324
- Display Note: Outrageous Oral is a quarterly evening of GLBT storytelling hosted by The Dallas Way, a GLBT history organization.