[Dick Peeples, Outrageous Oral] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Dick Peeples, Outrageous Oral]
Speaker: Peeples, DickCreator Type: Personal
Organizer of meeting: The Dallas WayContributor Type: Organization
Speaker: Anglin, MikeContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Introduction of Watt
- Creation: 2016-01-28
- Content Description: Recording of Dick Peeples speaking at Outrageous Oral, Volume 18: A Salute to Baker v. Wade, held from 6 - 8:30 PM on January 28, 2016 in the Rose Room of Station 4 in Dallas. Peeples talks about Section 21.06 of the Texas Penal Code, Baker v. Wade, Lawrence v. Texas, and Texas v. Morales, as well as what it was like to be openly gay in Dallas, Texas, in the late 1970s.
- Physical Description: 1 recording (27 min., 13 sec.) : sd., col. ; digital
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Lesbians -- Legal status, laws, etc. -- Texas.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: AIDS (Disease)
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Gay men -- Legal status, laws, etc. -- Texas.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Gays -- Legal status, laws, etc. -- Texas.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Gays -- United States.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Simon, William, 1930-2000.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: People - Individuals
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Government and Law
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs
- Keyword: The Dallas Way
- Keyword: Texas v. Morales
- Keyword: Lawrence v. Texas
- Keyword: Baker v. Wade
- Keyword: Dallas police
- Keyword: Dallas Gay Lesbian Alliance
- Keyword: Dallas Gay Political Caucus
- Keyword: Texas Human Rights Foundation
- Keyword: penal codes
- Keyword: Wade, Henry
- Keyword: GLBT
- Keyword: Bowers v. Hardwick
- Keyword: Thomas, John
- Keyword: Texas Constitution
- Keyword: Austin (Texas) Court of Appeals
- Keyword: privacy rights
- Keyword: Kennedy, Anthony McLeod
- Keyword: O'Connor, Sandra Day
- Keyword: Cornyn, John
- Keyword: Buchmeyer, Jerry L.
- Keyword: Holt, Lee
- Keyword: Grigson, James
- Keyword: Bryant, Anita
- Keyword: Estes, Nolan
- Keyword: White, Dan
- Keyword: Milk, Harvey
- Keyword: Williams, Mike
- Keyword: Morales, Linda
- Keyword: Doyal, Tom
- Keyword: Cramer, Patricia
- Keyword: Taft, Charlotte
- Keyword: Young, Louise
- Keyword: Armstrong, Vivienne
- Keyword: Taft, Lee
- Keyword: Nelson, William H., Jr. (Bill)
- Keyword: Barber, Jim
- Named Person: Baker, Don F.
- Named Person: Anglin, Mike
- Named Person: Peeples, Dick
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Dallas County - Dallas
- Place Name: United States
- Place Name: United States - Texas
- Place Point: north=32.810518; east=-96.811138;
- Time Period: mod-tim
- Coverage Date: 1975~/2016-01
- Preferred Citation: Outrageous Oral Collection (AR0860), University of North Texas Special Collections
Name: LGBT CollectionsCode: LGBT
Name: UNT Libraries Special CollectionsCode: UNTA
- Rights Statement: Reproduction and publication of materials in this collection are subject to the policies of the UNT Special Collections department. Copyright restrictions may apply.
- Accession or Local Control No: UNTA_AR0860-001
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc991176
- Display Note: Outrageous Oral is a quarterly evening of GLBT storytelling hosted by The Dallas Way, a GLBT history organization.