[Victor Rodríguez Corner Display Case, 1] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Victor Rodríguez Corner Display Case, 1]
- Series Title La Carrera de la Vida: The Run of Life exhibit
Photographer: Mears, Michelle M.Creator Type: Personal
- Creation: 2010-21
- Content Description: Photograph of a portion of the "La Carrera de la Vida: The Run of Life" exhibit of Victor Rodríguez. The display case houses photographs and clippings from Rodríguez's younger years as a track athlete.
- Physical Description: 1 photograph : col.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Architecture - Libraries
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Education - Colleges and Universities - University of North Texas
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: People - Ethnic Groups - Hispanics
- Keyword: A.M. Willis Library
- Keyword: exhibits
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Hispanic Americans.
- Keyword: latinos
- Keyword: athletes
- Keyword: UNT alumni
- Named Person: Rodríguez, Victor
- Coverage Date: 2010-21
- Place Point: north=33.210068; east=-97.148954;
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Denton County - Denton
- Time Period: mod-tim
- Preferred Citation: University Photography Collection (U0458), University of North Texas Special Collections
Name: Photographing UNTCode: UNTPH
Name: University Photography CollectionCode: UNTPC
Name: UNT Libraries Special CollectionsCode: UNTA
- Rights Statement: Reproduction and publication of materials in this collection are subject to the policies of the UNT Special Collections department. Copyright restrictions may apply.
- Accession or Local Control No: UNTA_U0458-2016-063-132
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc991150
- Display Note: The exhibit was held in the UNT Archives Reading Room, Willis Library 430A (now the Edna Mae Sandborn Music Reading Room) during Spring 2010. The exhibit was about Victor Rodríguez (BA '55, MA '62).
- Display Note: Victor Rodríguez was the first Hispanic scholarship athlete and the first Hispanic letterman in North Texas history. Rodríguez earned a BA in Art Education in 1955, and returned to North Texas State College (University of North Texas) to earn an MA in Education in 1962. After completing his Ph.D. from the University of Texas, Dr. Rodríguez became the first Mexican-American school superintendent in San Antonio. Dr. Rodríguez donated his personal archives to the University of North Texas Archives. The collection includes his Varsity letter jacket, as well as several medals, photographs, and clippings illustrating his numerous achievements.