The Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title The Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS)
Author: Jackson, James K.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Specialist in International Trade and Finance
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2017-06-13
- Content Description: This report discusses the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) comprising nine members, two ex officio members, and other members as appointed by the President representing major departments and agencies within the federal executive branch. While the group generally has operated in relative obscurity, the proposed acquisition of commercial operations at six U.S. ports by Dubai Ports World in 2006 placed the group's operations under intense scrutiny by Members of Congress and the public.
- Physical Description: 47 p.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Congressional powers
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Congressional-Presidential relations
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Foreign investments
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: International finance
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Presidential powers
- Place Name: United States
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: RL33388
- Accession or Local Control No: RL33388_2017Jun13
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc990737