The Special Service Company. Page: 28
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
LIBRARY, SOLDIER NEWSPAPER,
24. GENERAL. Library service in the field should be extremely
flexible with a high degree of mobility. Popular
books furnished in each library kit will provide unlimited
individual recreation for all types of personnel at all hours
and almost all places. Emphasis should be on use rather than
preservation of books.
25. PERSONNEL. a. In each Special Service Company there
are four library technicians, one for each platoon.
b. The duties of library technicians are as follows:
(1) Submit reports when requested by responsible officer.
(2) Keep necessary records on books.
(3) Be responsible for whatever simplified cataloging and
classification which may be necessary.
(4) Be responsible for circulation of books.
(5) Assist in preparation of soldier newspaper. (See sec. II.)
(6) Assist in the information program. (See sec. III.)
(7) Assist in the education program. (See sec. III.)
Here’s what’s next.
This book can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Tools / Downloads
Get a copy of this page or view the extracted text.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Book.
United States. War Department. The Special Service Company., book, January 5, 1944; Washington D.C.. (digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc9907/m1/34/: accessed January 18, 2018), University of North Texas Libraries, Digital Library, digital.library.unt.edu; crediting UNT Libraries Government Documents Department.