Aligning National Approaches to Digital Preservation Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Aligning National Approaches to Digital Preservation
Author: Educopia InstituteCreator Type: Organization
Editor: McGovern, Nancy Y.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Volume Editor
Editor: Skinner, KatherineCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Series Editor
Name: Educopia Institute PublicationsPlace of Publication: Atlanta, GeorgiaAdditional Info: http://educopia.org/publications/
- Creation: 2012-08
- Content Description: The "Aligning National Approaches to Digital Preservation" (ANADP) conference was held at the National Library of Estonia, from May 23-25, 2011. More than 125 delegates from more than 20 countries were gathered in Tallinn, Estonia and explored how to create and sustain international collaborations to support the preservation of digital cultural memory. This publication contains a collection of peer-reviewed essays that were developed by conference panels and attendees in the months following ANADP.
- Physical Description: xi, 327 p.
- Keyword: digital preservation
- Keyword: information management
- Keyword: digital curation
- Keyword: collaboration
- Keyword: cultural memory
Name: General CollectionCode: UNTGC
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Holder: Educopia Institute
- URL: http://www.educopia.org/sites/default/files/ANADP_Educopia_2012.pdf
- ISBN: 9780982665312
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc98130
- Display Note: [downloaded: 2012-08-14]